View Poll Results: If Apple goes bigger on the iPhone 6, how much bigger do you think they should go on the display?

Voters
112. You may not vote on this poll
  • 4.5"

49 43.75%
  • 5"

51 45.54%
  • 5.5"

8 7.14%
  • 6"

4 3.57%
    ANY size increase will be much appreciated. It's something that should have been addressed YEARS ago. And the 4inch screen doesn't even count IMO.
    11-14-2013 09:32 AM
    I would look at coming back to the iPhone if it had a 5" or bigger screen. I had a iPhone 4 and loved it except for two things. 1. The screen size. I found my self using my phone more than my pc and the small screen size just gave me headaches. 2. External storage. I do not think that it is worth $100 to go from a 16 gb phone to a 32 gb when sd cards do not cost that much for a 16 gb jump. If the 32 gb phone had features that the 16 gb version didn't, that would be a different story. That is the reason I switched to a Note 2 for the screen size and external storage. I like Apple's os better than the Android and as far as people talking about using one hand vs two, I never used just one hand to type anyway. So if the iPhone 6 or future models come in the 5-6" range, then I will definitely be looking at the iPhone once again.
    DaPhoneking likes this.
    11-14-2013 10:34 AM
    I voted 5", and after viewing the results, it seems to be the most warranted, and desired size.

I think going too big too fast isn't a good step for Apple. They do displays well, and quality.

If they move to 5" from 4" it just seems natural.

I need at least a 1080p resolution though - which seems to be becoming the market standard across the board right now.

Nonetheless, I'm sure Apple will surprise us all with 2014's releases. Hopefully, and in all likelihood we'll see many leaks. Which not only fuel speculation, but desire.
    11-18-2013 11:09 PM
    I voted 5", and after viewing the results, it seems to be the most warranted, and desired size.

I think going too big too fast isn't a good step for Apple. They do displays well, and quality.

If they move to 5" from 4" it just seems natural.

I need at least a 1080p resolution though - which seems to be becoming the market standard across the board right now.

Nonetheless, I'm sure Apple will surprise us all with 2014's releases. Hopefully, and in all likelihood we'll see many leaks. Which not only fuel speculation, but desire.
    Apple likes to be different ( see lightning and 30 pin chargers) so I could see them coming up with some weird resolution like they use with iPads.
    11-24-2013 03:07 PM
    Shhhhh that is too much common sense for those who are perfectly happy with the current size of the iPhone and believe because they say so that no one should ever even question what apple has given and just take whatever they are given because apple clearly knows what everyone wants aka they are fine taking what apple gives with no question.
    Honestly, iPhone/Apple fans are the only ones that consider the "screen size question" a call to arms, and I'm not sure why. You weathered the jump from 3.5" - 4"; surely you can handle a further half inch increase. There is quite a bit of wasted space with side bezels - remove those and you have a phone with more real estate and is still pocketable. Win/win.
    Richard Nieves likes this.
    11-28-2013 09:45 PM
    Having used the LG G2 for a few months, I vote 5.2" with Thin Bezels. I thought it was the perfect size even with one handed use.

If not 4.7" will suffice. I love it on the hTc One.
    imandroid likes this.
    12-01-2013 12:05 AM
    I have a note 2 and love the screen size.I got use to the size fast and using it for the web and reading documents I can't go back now.My upgrade is coming up bought the time the next note and iPhone is will see what is offered see if I go back to Apple.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using iMore Forums mobile app
    12-01-2013 08:15 AM
    Jimmy Kimmel to the rescue... proving that there are a lot of gullible people out there...

I have a note 2 and love the screen size.I got use to the size fast and using it for the web and reading documents I can't go back now.My upgrade is coming up about the time the next note and iPhone is out will see what is offered see if I go back to Apple.

12-01-2013 08:16 AM
    I still think 4.5-5 would be perfect, the 4 inch screen is the only thing that still pushes me away from the iphone after awhile and I am sure I am not alone. Sure some love the size others love the current size as they loved the size before it.

If anyone has tried out a moto x it has a 4.7 in screen and it is very easy to use one handed, if the bezels were a little smaller like the G2 it would honestly be perfect.
    12-24-2013 12:12 AM
    iPhone 6... should it be bigger than a 5" display?-iphone-6-concept.png
    Spencerdl likes this.
    12-24-2013 02:07 AM
    4.7-5 inches should be fine. Anything bigger than 5" will make one-handed use very difficult.
    12-24-2013 11:52 PM
    Had a BlackBerry Z30 and 5 inches was fine for me. Some people will find it too big cause they lose the one handed ability. However, you can just about double your battery life which is huge.

Sent from my iPhone 5s on VZW from Philly
    01-01-2014 09:44 PM
    I would like to see between a 4.7 and 5.0 screen size from edge to edge as not to increase the actual size of the iphone that much.
    01-01-2014 10:08 PM
    Honestly, iPhone/Apple fans are the only ones that consider the "screen size question" a call to arms, and I'm not sure why. You weathered the jump from 3.5" - 4"; surely you can handle a further half inch increase. There is quite a bit of wasted space with side bezels - remove those and you have a phone with more real estate and is still pocketable. Win/win.
    I agree. It seems they are so against everything until apple does it then it is the best thing since sliced bread. The adjustment isn't that hard going from the current iPhone size to 5". If they don't want to go that large a jump, a 4.7" screen could easily be done without making the phone much larger. Look at the moto x that is a perfect example. People are against it, but they would be the first in line waiting for it once apple comes up with that larger screen size, and won't know how they made it with a smaller screened device. Plus if apple removed the home button, or made it capacative, they could save a lot of space that way as well.
    01-02-2014 03:05 PM
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	iPhone-6-concept.png 
Views:	120 
Size:	138.7 KB 
ID:	44889
    Man is that ever ugly lol
    01-02-2014 03:06 PM
    I liked the large screen of the Galaxy S3, I think the iPhone 5 screen is too small, maybe .5" larger would be better.
    01-07-2014 12:08 AM
    I agree, I don't need anything larger than a 4" screen.
    01-07-2014 08:16 AM
    Would love a bigger screen. 4" is too small for watching video or browsing the web. Needs to be a least 5". Going to 4.5" wouldn't even be noticeable, like when they moved from 3.5" to 4".
    01-16-2014 02:57 AM
    I doubt so, given Apple's almost infamous hesitation to go up to 4 inches. My guess is they will hit 4.5 and that's as far as they will go.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    01-16-2014 05:32 AM
    Would love a bigger screen. 4" is too small for watching video or browsing the web. Needs to be a least 5". Going to 4.5" wouldn't even be noticeable, like when they moved from 3.5" to 4".
    Idk... I had a gs2 that was 4.5 and I definitely noticed the difference when moving to the iphone. It's the ONLY thing I miss from that phone.

Sent from my iPhone using iMore Forums mobile app
    02-20-2014 04:20 AM
    To me, it is really superfluous to do a bigger screen but struggle on the battery life front. I would rather they keep it at 4 inches till battery life gets to the point of exceptional, while figuring out how to get that optimal mix of screen resolution and battery life for a device below 5 inches but above 4 inches.

No point going above five inches if they aren't really progressing below that...I don't really want to see an iPhone and iPad basically looking alike...

With that in mind, it's harder to make a device like that while staying true to the usual iPhone design structures.
    taz323 likes this.
    03-02-2014 03:20 AM
    To me, it is really superfluous to do a bigger screen but struggle on the battery life front. I would rather they keep it at 4 inches till battery life gets to the point of exceptional, while figuring out how to get that optimal mix of screen resolution and battery life for a device below 5 inches but above 4 inches.

No point going above five inches if they aren't really progressing below that...I don't really want to see an iPhone and iPad basically looking alike...

With that in mind, it's harder to make a device like that while staying true to the usual iPhone design structures.

True. And with this strange propensity to go thinner, it seems like cellphone manufacturers are shooting themselves in the feet. It would make more sense to keep the same thickness of device, with a larger screen and correspondingly larger form factor which would therefore also allow the incorporation of a larger battery.
    Speedygi likes this.
    03-03-2014 04:23 AM
    I don't want a massive screen size like some of the Android screen sizes which are just absurd but any kind of increase on what we have would be very welcome.
    03-05-2014 05:55 AM
98 ... 234