View Poll Results: If Apple goes bigger on the iPhone 6, how much bigger do you think they should go on the display?

Voters
112. You may not vote on this poll
  • 4.5"

49 43.75%
  • 5"

51 45.54%
  • 5.5"

8 7.14%
  • 6"

4 3.57%
    10-13-2013 08:41 PM
    You will need clown pants to fit that in your pocket.
    Might as well get a clown car to go with it.
    They are deceptively roomy inside.
    Trees likes this.
    10-13-2013 08:58 PM
    You will need clown pants to fit that in your pocket.
    Might as well get a clown car to go with it.
    They are deceptively roomy inside.
    I'm thinking about these 1980's mc hammer pants...what was MC (or us) ... | 1980s~The Best Dec ,
    And this for my ride AMC Pacer - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    10-13-2013 09:21 PM
    Never had a pacer, but hammer pants were very comfortable.
    DaPhoneking likes this.
    10-13-2013 09:46 PM
    4.5-5" appears to be the sweet spot, particularly if you have "over 40 vision". Many older folks I know with iPhone complain about having to spend too much time pinching. It's got to be minimized bezels, though, to accommodate the "pocket factor".
    10-14-2013 08:55 AM
    there is 4.5 to 4.7 enough screen size and 5.0 " is limitation of this gorgeous device..... sure apple should not release 5.0 size .... its too big....
    10-16-2013 03:14 AM
    After using a nexus 4 for a couple of weeks it think 4.3" is ideal for me anyways. Found the 4.7" a bit hard to use in one hand but could be the flat back design of it. I tried a HTC one and that felt pretty comfortable.
    10-16-2013 03:22 AM
    After using a nexus 4 for a couple of weeks it think 4.3" is ideal for me anyways. Found the 4.7" a bit hard to use in one hand but could be the flat back design of it. I tried a HTC one and that felt pretty comfortable.
    Hey all, I agree with you Ijpuk, 4.3 is the sweet spot for touch screens. My Z10 was the perfect size for typing and viewing docs, pics, and video. I have been bouncing back and forth between BB and iOS for awhile and my iPhone 4 is just a little too narrow to enjoy typing emails and texts. Apple's OS on slightly wider screen would be the best fit for my needs.
    ljpuk likes this.
    10-20-2013 10:28 AM
    How about a 6" display? iPhone 6...inches. Nah, I like the size of the 5S.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free
    10-20-2013 10:53 AM
    I would like to see a 1080P (just to end it) 4.5" to 5" screen.

Motorola was able to fit a 4.7" screen into their newest phone. It's not much bigger than an iPhone 5. The Iphone 5 is a lotta bezel, but I guess that won't be going away with the introduction of the fingerprint scanner.
    Premium1 likes this.
    10-25-2013 02:26 AM
    I don't think they should make them any bigger, if you want a bigger device just go for Ipad mini
    10-25-2013 06:59 AM
    I am using a Lumia 920 on ATT and I like the screen size. I am thinking about my next phone pretty much as soon as I get it and am thinking about maybe getting an iPhone 6 if the screen is larger than the iPhone 5. My wife has one and I have played with it a little bit and one of the things that bothers me is the size compared to my 920. It's a bit too small for me. I am not to happy with ATT's decision to not have a 32 GB 1520 device . I was really hoping that they would have a 64 GB option.
    10-26-2013 07:31 PM
    10-30-2013 12:18 AM
    Kch, u can't really blame anyone for "whining" about a bigger screen. It's reasonable to want that. It's the reason I don't really play games on my 5s. Once the screen size increases then it will be fine.
    10-30-2013 08:51 AM
    Kch, u can't really blame anyone for "whining" about a bigger screen. It's reasonable to want that. It's the reason I don't really play games on my 5s. Once the screen size increases then it will be fine.
    Adults don't whine. Children do.

There is a big difference between simply stating "I would like a larger screen on the iPhone but I weighed the pros/cons of different devices and decided to stick with the iPhone despite my screen size preference because features x, y, and z were more important to me" (or vice versa -"decided to switch to a non-iPhone because the screen size was more important to me") and the whining versions of that statement which usually contain elements of "I really really want a bigger iPhone and they won't make one so they must be awful because they don't pay attention to me and there going to fail because of it, yada, yada, yada".
    Fausty82, taz323 and nikkisharif like this.
    10-30-2013 09:22 AM
    I'm so hoping for this ...
    iPhone 6... should it be bigger than a 5" display?-large.jpg
    Spencerdl likes this.
    10-31-2013 10:31 AM
    It kills me how the 'witty' response from various souls who are content with the current screen size seems to be "just use an ipad mini" or "maybe they can add the ability to make calls from the mini" as if to suggest that's some viable answer. I think it's pretty clear that the ipad mini, at 7.9" with a fair amount of bezel, will not fit in anyone's pockets. To suggest that it makes just as much sense to "quit whining and carry around an ipad instead if you want a larger screen" is childish at best.

There is nothing wrong with anyone wishing their next iphone be larger, whether it be 4.5" or 5". Competitors have already shown that it is possible to make an extremely pocketable, and one-handed usable device, at those sizes. And before we get the "then just go get an android phone and quit complaining" backlash....remember that many like myself do not want android as an operating system and are content to use a 4" iphone while merely hoping one day a larger phone is offered.
    Vostok, Premium1 and imandroid like this.
    10-31-2013 11:09 AM
    It kills me how the 'witty' response from various souls who are content with the current screen size seems to be "just use an ipad mini" or "maybe they can add the ability to make calls from the mini" as if to suggest that's some viable answer. I think it's pretty clear that the ipad mini, at 7.9" with a fair amount of bezel, will not fit in anyone's pockets. To suggest that it makes just as much sense to "quit whining and carry around an ipad instead if you want a larger screen" is childish at best.

There is nothing wrong with anyone wishing their next iphone be larger, whether it be 4.5" or 5". Competitors have already shown that it is possible to make an extremely pocketable, and one-handed usable device, at those sizes. And before we get the "then just go get an android phone and quit complaining" backlash....remember that many like myself do not want android as an operating system and are content to use a 4" iphone while merely hoping one day a larger phone is offered.
    Biggest difference here is that you are stating a preference for a larger screen but admitting that you weighed the pros/cons and decided to stick with the smaller screened device. That's great (also great if you decided the bigger screen was more important and you switched). But you are not whining about it and acting like Apple "owes" you a bigger screen.
    10-31-2013 01:08 PM
    Biggest difference here is that you are stating a preference for a larger screen but admitting that you weighed the pros/cons and decided to stick with the smaller screened device. That's great (also great if you decided the bigger screen was more important and you switched). But you are not whining about it and acting like Apple "owes" you a bigger screen.
    I 100% agree there are whiners. Heck we see it in many different aspects. And they bother me a lot too. I just find it equally bothersome when anyone, whining or not, gets the famous "just use an iPad as your phone" retort. As if it's a) a solution and b) anything larger than the current screen size must immediately default to 7.9".
    10-31-2013 01:12 PM
    There are those of us that have poor eyesight that would like a bigger screen.
    11-03-2013 01:44 AM
    I think 4.3" would be a nice bump up. I had a Motorola RAZR i with 4.3" screen in a remarkably similar size to the iPhone 5 and it is still very easy to use one-handed since it has almost no bezels on the sides. But no, it shouldn't be any larger than a 5" screen imo.
    DaPhoneking likes this.
    11-06-2013 04:44 AM
    Make it 4.5-5. Get rid of the prone to break/malfunction physical home button and you could design a larger iPhone without making the overall size larger. Unless you have teeny hands, a 5" device done right is still usable one handed. The current iPhone has lots of wasted bezel space. I mean look at the moto x with 4.7 inch screen that is pretty much the same size as the current iPhone.. Just saying.
    11-10-2013 04:44 PM
    There are those of us that have poor eyesight that would like a bigger screen.
    Shhhhh that is too much common sense for those who are perfectly happy with the current size of the iPhone and believe because they say so that no one should ever even question what apple has given and just take whatever they are given because apple clearly knows what everyone wants aka they are fine taking what apple gives with no question.
    11-10-2013 04:49 PM
    Make it 4.5-5. Get rid of the prone to break/malfunction physical home button and you could design a larger iPhone without making the overall size larger. Unless you have teeny hands, a 5" device done right is still usable one handed. The current iPhone has lots of wasted bezel space. I mean look at the moto x with 4.7 inch screen that is pretty much the same size as the current iPhone.. Just saying.
    If you get rid of the home button, what will become of the fingerprint reader (TouchID)? Don’t even suggest putting it on the back of the phone...

And just an observation not necessarily directed at you .... I see a lot of comments suggesting that we look at this phone or look at that one... yet if Apple does anything that anyone in the history of the world ever thought of or theorized about, we hear how they copy everyone... can’t have it both ways, my friend...
    11-10-2013 05:33 PM
    If you get rid of the home button, what will become of the fingerprint reader (TouchID)? Don’t even suggest putting it on the back of the phone...

And just an observation not necessarily directed at you .... I see a lot of comments suggesting that we look at this phone or look at that one... yet if Apple does anything that anyone in the history of the world ever thought of or theorized about, we hear how they copy everyone... can’t have it both ways, my friend...
    Well they have already done it with the finger print scanner, and if they go larger/curved there is someone else that has already done it. They could do lots of things with the home button, (make it smaller, etc) It's apple, if anyone could figure out how to do it, it would be them
    11-12-2013 07:04 PM
98 1234