I have a spare iPhone 6 Plus that I use to allow little kids to play games and watch movies on. I've been having battery issues and took it into Apple Genius Bar. They said I qualify for a replacement, but that they were backed up on iPhone 6 Plus batteries until sometime in March. This phone will shut off not even after an hour of use and is very very laggy. I was considering taking it back in to Aplle Genius, but was wondering if it's unreasonable to ask for a replacement? The AppleCare on this has already expired. Thoughts?
    01-30-2018 12:29 AM
    I have a spare iPhone 6 Plus that I use to allow little kids to play games and watch movies on. I've been having battery issues and took it into Apple Genius Bar. They said I qualify for a replacement, but that they were backed up on iPhone 6 Plus batteries until sometime in March. This phone will shut off not even after an hour of use and is very very laggy. I was considering taking it back in to Aplle Genius, but was wondering if it's unreasonable to ask for a replacement? The AppleCare on this has already expired. Thoughts?
    If the warranty is expired, no they won’t replace it. Not for a known battery issue. Unfortunately, you will have to wait for a battery. Everybody and their mother is trying to get battery replacements and are causing a back order.
    01-30-2018 12:38 AM
    If the warranty is expired, no they won’t replace it. Not for a known battery issue. Unfortunately, you will have to wait for a battery. Everybody and their mother is trying to get battery replacements and are causing a back order.
    I thought it would be a long shot. I guess I'll have to wait and see.
    01-30-2018 12:42 AM