iPhone won't turn on but charges.

kornholio1985

Sep 11, 2017
Visit site
Recently I bought an iPhone 6 Plus 64gb second hand and the phone has a crack glass and doesn't power on by the looks of things the problem is I can charge it or it looks like it's charging and when I connect it to my pc the pc pings but then says it doesn't recognise the device and its also water damaged as the indicator is pink. So in brief short terms black screen,doesn't turn on,seems to charge,pc doesn't recognise connected device. I've searched many sites and I'm wondering if it could be the IC chip that needs ball soldering back and or the c5202_rf chip thing is blown I am baffled any help how to fix would be appreciated. Thanks

TripleOne

Trusted Member
Oct 4, 2014
Visit site
Hello and welcome to iMore!
I would recommend paying a visit to the Apple Store to see what is up with your iPhone.

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
Hey there! Water damaged...I’m no Apple Genius but I do know that most smartphones, and sensitive electronics in general, don’t survive water contact with internal components. It could be a number of issues or a combination of multiple issues. It’s up to you if you want to go through the trouble of finding and replacing everything that’s fried but it could possibly be wasted time and money.