Stick with 6 plus (jailbroken) or get a 7 plus?

mchi5

Jan 15, 2015
Visit site
So I've been going back and forth. My 6 plus is still in mint condition and has served me well. It still is. I have it jailbroken so have a lot of tweaks to my liking

However I went to the AT&T store yesterday to help a friend get a phone and played with the 7 plus and man I fell in love. Since I'm technically 2 generations behind I can definitely tell the speed difference and screen did seem sharper

So I'm torn. Stick with my jailbroken 6 plus or get the 7 plus and lose the jailbreak? One of the reasons I haven't upgraded to iOS 10 is bec of the jailbreak.

What are people's thoughts?

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
If your current iPhone 6 Plus is still serving you well, and you've refrained from upgrading to iOS because of your jailbreak status then you might as well stick with what you've got, in my opinion.

nikkimd11

Sep 13, 2015
Visit site
So I've been going back and forth. My 6 plus is still in mint condition and has served me well. It still is. I have it jailbroken so have a lot of tweaks to my liking

However I went to the AT&T store yesterday to help a friend get a phone and played with the 7 plus and man I fell in love. Since I'm technically 2 generations behind I can definitely tell the speed difference and screen did seem sharper

So I'm torn. Stick with my jailbroken 6 plus or get the 7 plus and lose the jailbreak? One of the reasons I haven't upgraded to iOS 10 is bec of the jailbreak.

What are people's thoughts?

Well I think it's tougher for me to suggest you stay with the iPhone 6 Plus, I wouldn't have hesitated to say don't upgrade if it was the 6s plus; one Of the reasons being that I tend to keep my iPhone for about 2 years to then upgrade. I have a 6s and I'm waiting on the next one, just being realistic, not enough differences for me. If i where in your shoes my thought process would most likely be to ask myself if I would prefer to wait one more year and buy what is being speculated to be a game changing iPhone next year when Iphone celebrates its 10th anniversary. You said your phone is in mint condition, and if your battery life is going strong (with time battery life tends to decline) I think I would ultimately wait one more year. I also usually have my idevice jailbroken as well but I actually decided to upgrade to iOS 10 and really like it. Wanted to have the new iMessage features and native quick reply.

mchi5

Jan 15, 2015
Visit site
Good replies so far. Kinda what I'm leaning toward. Hopefully the next iPhone (iPhone 8 or whatever) will be a significant change. Especially on the display - here's hoping for a OLED display.

Apple_Fangirl06

Feb 29, 2012
Visit site
I would agree as well. I'm am going to upgrade but that's because my 6 Plus is not a jail broken. I had another iPhone that was. I currently have Apple Care Plus on my 6 Plus which will be expiring as it is only good for so long. I prefer to have it on all my devices. I'll be upgrading just mostly because of this. I really like my 6 Plus