Satisfaction

christo45

Aug 9, 2016
Visit site
I have owned the iPhone 6 Plus since it was introduced. Before that I had the iPhone 5 and other models starting with the 3G.
I am quite satisfied with the 6 Plus and do not plan of upgrading to the 7 when it comes out. Why?
Because I don't want to be paying for a new phone again over the next two years. I've been paying or iPhones since 2008 and I've had enough.
I wonder how many others feel the same way.

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to iMore! Thank your for sharing your thoughts. I think that a lot of people feel that way, especially when we aren't expecting a major refresh with the iPhone 7. There are rumors that this year's iPhone might even be titled iPhone 6se, or something along those lines.

That being said, I am perfectly fine paying for a new phone as long as I see value in upgrading. I've generally been an annual upgrader but I've also skipped years. For instance, I owned a 5 but skipped the 5s. This year I'm somewhat undecided. It's going to boil down to what Apple's September announcement brings to the table.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Welcome to iMore! I'm kind of the same way. I got the 6s Plus in September last year. It's great. I see no reason to upgrade this year. I may even keep it until 2018. Might need a battery though.

jenni122701

Oct 26, 2014
Visit site
Welcome! I am enjoying my 6+ and its in flawless condition, so I have no plans to upgrade anytime soon. Funds are not allowing it anyway, so I am happy to stay put with 6+ for a while.

christo45

Aug 9, 2016
Visit site
I guess I'm a liar.
When I heard the specs on the 7 Plus - particularly the camera and it being waterproof and being much faster - I had to have one so here I am with a iPhone 7 Plus and enjoying it. Another two years of payments!

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
I guess I'm a liar.
When I heard the specs on the 7 Plus - particularly the camera and it being waterproof and being much faster - I had to have one so here I am with a iPhone 7 Plus and enjoying it. Another two years of payments!

LOL ...EXACTLY this.^^

Josiah23

Trusted Member
Mar 25, 2015
Visit site
I'm very satisfied with my 6S Plus, I just got it 4 weeks ago but I see no reason to upgrade to a 7 or 7 plus. Waterproof? Easy fix, Fre Lifeproof Case. Better Camera? I'm not a huge photo taker, so this doesn't matter to me. Faster? This 6S Plus is plenty fast for me and battery life is insane! Best phone I've ever owned. I'm not hard to satisfy :p LOL.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
I still haven't seen anything new with the 7/7plus that excites me. Depending on what the next iPhone has to offer, I may just buy a new battery for my 6s Plus later this year. I'd really like to stay on iOS 10.1.1 as long as possible. iOS 11 might change that though. We'll see.

Jan 31, 2017
Visit site
I guess I'm a liar.

I upgraded because my 6 was battered and bruised from years of abuse, and whilst the 7 is quicker, I thought the 6 was plenty fast enough anyway. How do you feel now you've gotten over the honeymoon period? Any regrets?

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner