My iPhone 6 Plus screen recently has become unresponsive at times, usually lasting until I lock the phone and unlock it again. There are times when scrolling is incredibly lagging and there are other times when it's just plain frozen. Yet there are also times when the phone works without a hitch.

Has anyone else had this issue pop up? Any suggestions?
    05-10-2016 10:03 AM
    1. What iOS version do you have installed?

2. No jailbreak correct?

3. Have you did a wipe clean and restore as new?
    05-10-2016 10:07 AM
    1. 9.3.1
    2. No jailbreak
    3. Not yet. Was hoping I could find a solution that didn't involve wiping it's memory.

Thank you for the help.
    05-10-2016 10:10 AM
    Well... You can always do a wipe and restore...

Only thing I can think of is the iPhone 6 vs the 6s Plus is different specs which helps manage the OS. Have you noticed this before on previous versions of iOS?
    05-10-2016 10:12 AM
    Only recently within the last week or two to be honest. Have had it over a year too without this issue ever popping up. Very strange.
    05-10-2016 10:13 AM
    Noticed it too on 9.3 with my 6 plus ATT factory, not jailbroken.
    I wiped and restored twice and since going to 9.3.1 i have not had it happen.
    05-10-2016 03:17 PM
    I didn't have the problem on 9.3 myself, only since 9.3.1 I believe. I guess if the problem persists I can try a restore and see if that fixes the problem.
    05-10-2016 07:26 PM
    I didn't have the problem on 9.3 myself, only since 9.3.1 I believe. I guess if the problem persists I can try a restore and see if that fixes the problem.
    A restore as new isn't that big a deal. I did it with my 6s Plus back in September 3 days after I got it. Setting up with my iPhone 5 back up was a mistake.
    05-10-2016 09:14 PM
    A restore as new when you first get it is what I always do. I'm talking about doing it now that I've had it for over a year. Having to deal with setting up all the apps and all that is too much of a pain. I have restored it and will see how it goes from here. If it continues I will take it into an Apple repair store and have them look at it.
    05-11-2016 07:30 AM
    A restore as new when you first get it is what I always do. I'm talking about doing it now that I've had it for over a year. Having to deal with setting up all the apps and all that is too much of a pain. I have restored it and will see how it goes from here. If it continues I will take it into an Apple repair store and have them look at it.
    I still had to do that in September. Downloading apps was the easy part. And I had about 120 apps to download. The tedious part for me was all the log ins. I have a lot and they all have a different password. I have 3 Facebook accounts, 5 Twitter accounts, a bunch of forums, and so forth. The other thing that was tedious was my Launcher widget shortcuts in the Notification Center. They're custom and I had to set them up again from scratch. That included my music Launcher as well. Here's what it looks like in the Notification Center. LOL
    05-11-2016 07:59 AM
    What I can remember being the really tedious part of all that was the two step authentication I have setup for all those apps. First you have to get the Google Authenticator app installed, for example, then you setup each service to work on the app, then all those other apps need a pass code from the thing...

Just too much work for something that may or may not fix the problem. Starting from scratch on a new device is one thing, but I draw the line after using it for so long.
    05-11-2016 08:26 AM
    What I can remember being the really tedious part of all that was the two step authentication I have setup for all those apps. First you have to get the Google Authenticator app installed, for example, then you setup each service to work on the app, then all those other apps need a pass code from the thing...

Just too much work for something that may or may not fix the problem. Starting from scratch on a new device is one thing, but I draw the line after using it for so long.
    I guess it depends on how annoying the issue is you want to fix. My cousin has the iPhone 6 and gripes with each new OS. But he refuses to restore his phone as new. He continues using the same corrupted back up.
    05-11-2016 09:10 AM
    I've also seen this on my 64Gb SE. In addition I've also experienced certain areas of the screen not responding to touch, particularly the top right of the screen.
    05-12-2016 04:08 AM
    Well a restore didn't do the trick. For a bit it was OK, but there are times when it's still unresponsive until I lock and unlock again. Must be a problem with the latest update because I haven't experienced it until recently.
    05-16-2016 11:19 PM
    Well its a bigger issue then i thought.
    https://discussions.apple.com/thread/7028290?tstart=0
    609 replies and the thread has been going on for a year now.
    05-17-2016 09:35 AM
    Sent a bug report to . Hopefully they fix this issue since it's much more prominent than I thought it was.

Just happened not fifteen minutes after I posted this.  really has me grinding my teeth lately. Neither my iPhone nor my iMac work as they should. Might just have to call it quits with them.
    Last edited by SprSynJn; 05-17-2016 at 10:02 AM.
    05-17-2016 09:47 AM