Why is my iPhone 6 Plus sometimes unresponsive to touch?

Swapnil Vartak

Jun 29, 2014
Visit site
My 6 Plus freezes while on the Phone app lately...the only to unfreeze is to turn off the screen and then unlock the screen...it's very annoying...reminds me of using an android phone...

SprSynJn

Jun 27, 2013
Visit site
I'm glad to see I'm not the only one suffering with this. My original 6 Plus had to be replaced because the logic board failed after months of me suffering through an unresponsive screen. The replacement immediately started having the same issue, so I tried restoring only an icloud backup instead of a full restore and it continued to happen. Ended up setting it up as a new iphone, but a while later it started happening again. Sucks because I lost so many activity circles setting it up as a new iPhone and it didn't even resolve the problem.

It's definitely a hardware problem. I hope  will provide some sort of compensation for those who've had to pay out of pocket to get theirs fixed.

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
It's definitely a hardware problem. I hope  will provide some sort of compensation for those who've had to pay out of pocket to get theirs fixed.

I'm sure they'll do something. Apple has historically been very good at making up for their mistakes.

Swapnil Vartak

Jun 29, 2014
Visit site
Compensation for the issue? I'm not sure about that. Is it that widespread an issue. Has Apple acknowledged the issue yet? And would people out of warranty and without Apple Care be eligible?

bummerbee123

Sep 10, 2015
Visit site
I've been experiencing this lately. Touch screen becomes extremely unresponsive and the only things that work are the home or power buttons for a short period. Hopefully, this issue will be addressed. I don't plan on upgrading to a 7 just yet.

Swapnil Vartak

Jun 29, 2014
Visit site
Re: My iphone 6+ is sometimes unresponsive to touch.

Wait..I don't get it..Is the repair free or do we have to pay for it. What will Apple reimburse? My device is out of warranty and I am not on Apple Care.

returnmyjedi

Mar 14, 2016
Visit site
"The reimbursement amount will equal the difference between the price you paid for the original service to your iPhone 6 Plus and the $149 service price."

It'll be $149 whether it's in warranty or not. If you've already forked out say $249 to get it fixed then Apple will reimburse you $100. I'm slightly perturbed by Apple's insistence that this is caused by dropping the phone. Mine started exhibiting the signs of touch disease and I'd never dropped it (I was lucky enough to have the phone replaced for free by my network). iFixit are also questioning whether the issues are related to physical damage.

Posted via the iMore App

Last edited:

Swapnil Vartak

Jun 29, 2014
Visit site
Seems like they are not acknowledging it as a design or manufacturing flaw but squarely blaming it on the user?s misuse...and the cost of repair is ridiculous...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2