Last week Apple swapped out my damaged Silver 128GB Verizon iPhone 6 Plus for another phone.

On the back panel of the phone the model is listed as A1522. Seemingly correct for a Verizon iPhone 6 Plus.

In the "About" section of my phone the model is listed as NGAQ2LL/A.

Now my point of confusion. I see numerous websites list: iPhone 6 Plus 128GB Silver (CDMA) Verizon Wireless MGCP2LL/A

Why is my model number different? Do I not have a phone optimized for Verizon? Is my phone locked? Or is it an unlocked version released by Apple?

I do travel abroad often and pick up a local sim at my destination. I didnt have issues with my previous Verizon iPhone 6 Plus. Will I have an issue with this phone while traveling abroad?

The phone seems to work just fine on Verizon at home in the USA. The phone being unlocked and able to use it on foreign carriers while abroad is my primary concern.
    04-11-2016 11:17 PM
  2. MaxSmarties said: Best Answer

Well, I did a research and it wasn't easy....
    The number you are referring to is the Apple Order Number (the model number is the A1522 that correctly identify your iPhone as a CDMA verizon 6 Plus).
    The Order Number isn't so unique as the Model Number, especially for refurbished units, so that could be the reason you (and I) couldn't find a direct reference for NGAQ2LL/A.
    Well, I did a research and it wasn't easy....
    The number you are referring to is the Apple Order Number (the model number is the A1522 that correctly identify your iPhone as a CDMA verizon 6 Plus).
    The Order Number isn't so unique as the Model Number, especially for refurbished units, so that could be the reason you (and I) couldn't find a direct reference for NGAQ2LL/A.
    04-12-2016 04:11 AM
    thank you for your help. it probaly does denote a refurbished phone.
    04-12-2016 02:11 PM