Why has my iPhone 6+ quit saving new contacts?

I

iMore Question

My iOS is current...no updates pending. For the past week, my phone has exhibited several new quirks including not saving new contacts, not receiving text messages, displaying text messages it DOES receive out of order (mixed in with earlier messages). Very frustrating. Any recommendations to get back on track?

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Not saving new contacts? So you create a new contact card, hit done in the upper right. But it doesn't save?
First try a hard reset.
Hold the top or side power/sleep button and the home button at the same time until the Apple logo appears, then release.
If that doesn't work, try Reset All Settings.
Reset All Settings
Go to Settings >General >Reset >Reset All Settings. This resets to default everything in Settings, including notifications, alerts, brightness, and clock settings like wake up alarms.
If that doesn't work, you may need to restore your phone as new. Not from a back up.

dalvcast

Nov 17, 2016
Visit site
This worked for me:

Note: You don't have to change your default mail settings; just change the default contacts to iCloud.

1. Go to Settings. Go to iCloud. Turn on Contacts.

2. Go to your Phone, like you're going to make a call. Select Contacts. At the very top left corner, click Groups. Turn on All Groups you see in there.

3. Go back to Settings. Scroll down to Contacts... then Scroll all the way down to Default Account. Set the default to iCloud. Your contacts should all still be there, and now you will be able to add and save new contacts.

Good Luck!!!
Chaos13th