So I purchased a used 6 plus from a individual recently. The phone looked to be in exceptional shape, other than a few small scratches on the back. I finally got around to getting it up and running last night and putting my backup of my 5s on it. I noticed when I first was setting up the 6 plus from scratch that it failed the touch ID portion of setup. I didn't think much of it since my touch ID hadn't worked on my 5s for so long.

So...... After getting my update on the 6 plus I noticed that when the phone was "asleep" that if you hit the home button nothing would happen. You can hit it as many times as you like and absolutely nothing will happen. So I then hit the power/sleep button on the side and it wakes up. I put in my 4 digit passcode and the phone unlocks and everything seems to work normally. Put it to sleep, and immediately try the home button to wake it up and it wakes up. You can go back and forth with it as many times as you want like that and it will work. Let the phone sit asleep for longer than 5 seconds and the home button once again becomes unresponsive to waking the phone.

I had also tried after getting the phone restored from my backup, trying to set up touch id. When you go into it and try sliding it on, it immediately goes to a failed screen. Please go back and try again.

So frustrating!!!!! I tried doing a reboot by holding the power and home button down until it reboots, and that didn't help anything.

Can someone please please please point me in the right direction of this. Very frustrated!!

Thanks,

Kyle
    03-25-2016 07:01 AM
    This is my guess.
    The device may have been repaired or taken apart and that error 53 aka touch id failure happened.
    With apple recently modifying their software to remove error 53 and allow the phone to be set up my guess is that they are disabling the touch and physical button press feature if it also requires the fingerprint sensor to be used.
    03-25-2016 11:24 AM
    So I purchased a used 6 plus from a individual recently. The phone looked to be in exceptional shape, other than a few small scratches on the back. I finally got around to getting it up and running last night and putting my backup of my 5s on it. I noticed when I first was setting up the 6 plus from scratch that it failed the touch ID portion of setup. I didn't think much of it since my touch ID hadn't worked on my 5s for so long.

So...... After getting my update on the 6 plus I noticed that when the phone was "asleep" that if you hit the home button nothing would happen. You can hit it as many times as you like and absolutely nothing will happen. So I then hit the power/sleep button on the side and it wakes up. I put in my 4 digit passcode and the phone unlocks and everything seems to work normally. Put it to sleep, and immediately try the home button to wake it up and it wakes up. You can go back and forth with it as many times as you want like that and it will work. Let the phone sit asleep for longer than 5 seconds and the home button once again becomes unresponsive to waking the phone.

I had also tried after getting the phone restored from my backup, trying to set up touch id. When you go into it and try sliding it on, it immediately goes to a failed screen. Please go back and try again.

So frustrating!!!!! I tried doing a reboot by holding the power and home button down until it reboots, and that didn't help anything.

Can someone please please please point me in the right direction of this. Very frustrated!!

Thanks,

Kyle
    If you have paperwork take it to an apple store.
    03-25-2016 11:59 AM
    I do not have any paperwork on this phone. I was sold the phone, charger and earbuds, and that's it.
    03-25-2016 12:40 PM
    I do not have any paperwork on this phone. I was sold the phone, charger and earbuds, and that's it.
    I would take the phone to the nearest Apple store and explain what occurred, that you purchased the phone second hand and all that you described above. They are good to work with and have been accommodating to me in the past about replacing things out of warranty. If nothing else they can tell you if the screen and home button have been replaced previously.

Good luck and hope it works out
    03-25-2016 12:55 PM