Hey folks - hoping to get some advice here. Need a little help with my iPhone 6 Plus.

I've been using the phone since the device launched, and really do love it. The display is beautiful, apps work great, overall the phone performs fantastic... and the battery is amazing... well, until recently.

For whatever reason, over the last few weeks my battery won't even make it a day on a charge. I used to be able to go a day and a half (sometimes TWO days) on a charge. This dropoff in performance was sudden, and I haven't installed or removed anything from my phone during this time.

Any ideas on how I could diagnose, or better yet fix? I've heard about recalibrating the battery, but haven't dug in any deeper than that at this point.

Any help is appreciated! Thanks in advance!
    03-23-2016 03:31 PM
    Check the usual suspects:

1. Cellular signal. If you spend a good portion of your time in an area with a weak cellular signal, your battery will drain quickly.
    2. Constant fetch notifications for social networks.
    3. Constant use of location services.
    libra89 likes this.
    03-23-2016 03:47 PM
    I am having the same issue. I noticed the problem a couple of months ago & have desperately tried to find a solution since. I have recalibrated the battery, completely reset my phone & set it up as new, etc. Nothing has fixed this issue. I will watch my battery go from 70% to 50% in less than two minutes. It's absolutely ridiculous & very frustrating.
    04-02-2016 01:00 AM
    I upgrade my OS to the latest version and started to see a rapid decline in the battery and the phone would get super warm.

I went into settings and then battery to see what apps were sucking the most juice. I found that myfitnesspal was taking up 70% of the usage. I went into the app and disabled the background refresh and wound up deleting it. I also went into each app under the settings to see which was doing a background refresh and disabled the ones that were doing background refreshes unnecessarily. That solved the problem. Now the battery only goes down 20% in a few hours which is way better than before.
    Just_Me_D likes this.
    04-02-2016 06:31 PM
    I am having the same issue. I noticed the problem a couple of months ago & have desperately tried to find a solution since. I have recalibrated the battery, completely reset my phone & set it up as new, etc. Nothing has fixed this issue. I will watch my battery go from 70% to 50% in less than two minutes. It's absolutely ridiculous & very frustrating.
    Make Genius. Bar appointment with the nearest Apple Store to have them diagnose the problem for you. Your battery may be defective. If so, they'll replace it for you.
    04-02-2016 07:22 PM
    I upgrade my OS to the latest version and started to see a rapid decline in the battery and the phone would get super warm.

I went into settings and then battery to see what apps were sucking the most juice. I found that myfitnesspal was taking up 70% of the usage. I went into the app and disabled the background refresh and wound up deleting it. I also went into each app under the settings to see which was doing a background refresh and disabled the ones that were doing background refreshes unnecessarily. That solved the problem. Now the battery only goes down 20% in a few hours which is way better than before.
    Sometimes when an operating system gets an update and certain apps fail to update to keep in sync with the OS changes, problems can arise. Thankfully, you were able to detect the problem you were having and rectify it....Nice!...
    04-02-2016 07:25 PM
    A couple of months ago I started to notice some significant battery drain, turns out the culprit was the fitbit and the fitbit app that I had to track my health; deleted the app and returned the item. If all else fail then a full system restore might solve it.
    04-04-2016 07:43 AM