I have taken some videos using my iphone 6 plus, but they wont send via email. When I send them via drop box they are coming up as a .move_files that I can't open in movie maker
    03-07-2016 05:48 AM
  2. Ledsteplin said: Best Answer

Use maildrop. I have. It works great for large videos. But the recipients have a limited time in which to view the file.
    https://support.apple.com/kb/PH2629?locale=en_US
    Welcome to iMore! You can send via any method in the Share menu (YouTube, AirDrop, Messages, iCloud Photo Sharing, etc.). You can also transfer the video to a Mac or PC and transfer it by any means available there as well.
    You might want to try emailing the video out through another email account. Maximum file size limits depend somewhat on the email service being used.
    firedept10 likes this.
    03-07-2016 06:38 AM
    Welcome to iMore! On sending video through email on you iPhone, your cellular provider will have a limit set on the size of file you can send. My provider has it set at 25MB. If I exceed that limit it will not send. I deal with videos by placing them on Google Drive. But I edit them a bit in iMovie on my phone before placing them there. They are .mov files you are exporting from your iPhone, which you should be able to open in MovieMaker according to Microsoft. Here is a list of files supported by MM.

I can play the .mov file just fine in Windows Media Player in Windows 10 Pro, which I run in Parallels on my iMac. So not sure I can give you a solution to not being able to play them. MovieMaker should be able to open them, but I can't test it for you as I do not have MovieMaker. Hopefully someone will come along with additional information for you.
    03-07-2016 07:08 AM
    Use maildrop. I have. It works great for large videos. But the recipients have a limited time in which to view the file.
    https://support.apple.com/kb/PH2629?locale=en_US
    03-07-2016 07:19 AM