Hi. I'm looking to buy an iPhone 6 Plus and i have some questions about battery and resetting.
    1. Is there a "reboot" option for the iPhone (similar to Android)? I was always taught that with a quick reboot (NOT a hard reset) the phone will feel refreshed and may squash some misbehaving apps? True?
    2. Is it also true that closing open apps or tasks and re-opening them may actually affect battery life?
    And is it now possible to swipe to close them all at once?
    Please advice. Many thanks.
    01-30-2016 11:45 AM
    Hi. I'm looking to buy an iPhone 6 Plus and i have some questions about battery and resetting.
    1. Is there a "reboot" option for the iPhone (similar to Android)? I was always taught that with a quick reboot (NOT a hard reset) the phone will feel refreshed and may squash some misbehaving apps? True?
    Hi there!

No, there is no reboot setting on stock iOS like there is on some Android phones. But yes, shutting the phone off and then back on can sometimes make the phone run smoother.

Is it also true that closing open apps or tasks and re-opening them may actually affect battery life?
    And is it now possible to swipe to close them all at once?
    Please advice. Many thanks.
    iOS has a similar feature where you can double press the Home button to bring up a screen with all the running apps you've had opened. You can swipe them one at a time to close them, but there is no way on stock iOS to close them all at the same time.

As for tasks, I just came from Android so I'm still learning how those work in iOS. They may or may not be similar. On an Android device stopping a task only causes more resources to be used because the OS has to start them back up again until what ever was using them is done using them... so it's better to allow tasks to finish doing what they're doing so that the OS can close them on its own.
    01-30-2016 01:15 PM
    Closing apps is not necessary, unless the app is misbehaving. A few run too much in the background. Most are ok.
    Fit24 and Gino Guillermo like this.
    01-30-2016 02:37 PM
    You don't need to force an app to close unless it's erratic or unresponsive. When you rapidly press the Home button twice, the most recently used apps that you see aren't open; they're in standby.
    Gino Guillermo likes this.
    01-30-2016 02:38 PM
    I heard that one way of a "reboot" is to press the Power button until you see the Slide to Power Off comes but instead of sliding you hold on the Home button (or is it the Power button) for a few seconds and it will restart & reboot the phone. is this true?
    01-30-2016 06:52 PM
    I heard that one way of a "reboot" is to press the Power button until you see the Slide to Power Off comes but instead of sliding you hold on the Home button (or is it the Power button) for a few seconds and it will restart & reboot the phone. is this true?
    Hard reset: (Does more)
    Hold the top or side power/sleep button and the home button at the same time until the Apple logo appears, then release.

Soft reset:
    Hold power button until "slide to power off". Slide it. Turns phone off.
    01-30-2016 07:14 PM
    To simply reboot, simultaneously press both the power and home buttons until you see the  logo.
    01-30-2016 08:32 PM
    Many thanks all!
    04-10-2016 08:06 AM