Hi guys,

I know this question has been asked many times but i still haven't been able to get a solid answer.

If i keep iPhone plugged in to the wall charger at 100%, will it still draw power from the battery or from A/C? Will I be able to save a charging cycle and is this a good habit according to Apple?

Thanks in advance.
    01-24-2016 10:49 AM
    Hi guys,

I know this question has been asked many times but i still haven't been able to get a solid answer.

If i keep iPhone plugged in to the wall charger at 100%, will it still draw power from the battery or from A/C?
    The A/C
    Will I be able to save a charging cycle and is this a good habit according to Apple?

Thanks in advance.
    I'm not sure about "saving a charging cycle", and what habit are you referring to? Using the device while plugged in?
    01-24-2016 11:17 AM
    The A/C I'm not sure about "saving a charging cycle", and what habit are you referring to? Using the device while plugged in?
    Yes if we exclude the overheating issues, does Apple recommend that?
    01-25-2016 03:22 AM
    I haven't read anything where Apple states that using the device while plugged in is not recommended, and I haven't read anything that states that they "recommend" it. Having said that, Apple clearly states that you can use your device while charging via the following link.

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201569
    01-25-2016 07:42 AM
    Power is to your iPhone battery as sweets are to a human: It has the potential of inflicting too much of a good thing. Keeping your iPhone plugged into power can shorten its batterys life span, or the amount of time before you must replace it. You actually strengthen your lithium-ion battery and prevent its premature demise each time you make it power your iPhone on its own, without the crutch of a power source. As Apple puts it, Its important to keep the electrons in it moving occasionally. So, if you keep your iPhone plugged in, in an attempt to save a charge cycle, you'll actually defeat your purpose. The best way to conserve charge cycles is to use the device less. If you average 8 hours per day usage, cut it back to 7 hours per day.
    01-25-2016 08:06 AM