So I dropped my phone for the first time since I got it 3 months ago and obviously it completely shattered the screen. Bits and pieces of the glass fell out and pretty much the only piece of the front not shattered is the home button.

I called Apple to get it serviced and they told me I would get an email with payment info and they then send me a box for me to return the phone in. No email have arrived in 48 hours.. Did I missunderstand?

I have an apple certified dealer fairly close by that can take it in. They send it off to Apple and the cost is the same I expect. Should I just drive over there and give them the phone instead?
    10-24-2015 06:34 AM
    OUCH! Sorry that happened. Many of us have been through it and it stinks. I would take it to the certified dealer as long as the price is the same (or at least comparable). I think it would speed up the process and you would get your phone back quicker.
    10-24-2015 06:46 AM
    Sorry to hear about your iPhone, you can also take it to the Apple Store to get it replaced with Apple care if you don't have insurance through your wireless provider.
    10-24-2015 08:20 AM
    So I dropped my phone for the first time since I got it 3 months ago and obviously it completely shattered the screen. Bits and pieces of the glass fell out and pretty much the only piece of the front not shattered is the home button.

I called Apple to get it serviced and they told me I would get an email with payment info and they then send me a box for me to return the phone in. No email have arrived in 48 hours.. Did I missunderstand?

I have an apple certified dealer fairly close by that can take it in. They send it off to Apple and the cost is the same I expect. Should I just drive over there and give them the phone instead?
    Was the phone without a case? If you had a case, which one was it...so I know not to buy it. Lol
    10-24-2015 08:37 AM
    Im in Norway so we don't have Apple Stores and I didn't get AppleCare.
    10-24-2015 08:38 AM
    Im in Norway so we don't have Apple Stores and I didn't get AppleCare.
    Oh ok, well did your provider provide insurance for you?
    10-24-2015 08:45 AM