sms alert only notifing me once when i have it set for 5 times

Oct 7, 2015
Visit site
hi everyone,i am new here and hope you can help me...in august i bought the 6 plus from verizon,i have the text alert set to 5 times ,but yet it is only notifing me once.is anyone else having this issue,or am i doing something wrong?

SwitchBeach

Sep 2, 2013
Visit site
hi everyone,i am new here and hope you can help me...in august i bought the 6 plus from verizon,i have the text alert set to 5 times ,but yet it is only notifing me once.is anyone else having this issue,or am i doing something wrong?

Can you give more details about what is happening (or not happening)?

Are you saying that you are not getting a repeated notification 2 minutes after the initial notification for messages that you have not yet read?

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site

Alerts repeat at 2-minute intervals, but if you view the message prior to the 5 alerts, you will not get any more alerts.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
yes,that isexactly what i am saying...it only alrets me once...than nothing...no 2nd alert 2 min later....

Mine is set on "once". That means I get 2 alerts. The first and an extra one. Yours is set on "5 Times". So that would be 6 alerts in all. The first and 5 extra ones. So you only get the first alert, but none of the extras? Have you tried setting to "3 Times", just to see if that works? If it doesn't work, and a hard reset doesn't help, then you would need to restore your phone as new.

Oct 7, 2015
Visit site
I do not view the message prior...sometimes it takes me an hour after getting a text to check my phone ..and all i get is one alert..not even a 2 min reminder afterwards

eyecrispy

iPhone 7, iPad Pro & Apple Watch Champion
Sep 26, 2012
Visit site
I do not view the message prior...sometimes it takes me an hour after getting a text to check my phone ..and all i get is one alert..not even a 2 min reminder afterwards

You won't get multiple notifications on your screen. You will only get multiple alert tones/vibrations. Mine is set to remind me twice. Works just fine.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner