iPhone 6 Plus and iOS 9.0.2

TMFoughty

Mar 26, 2012
Visit site
Since upgrading to the iOS 9.x.x operating system I have had nothing but problems with my iPhone 6 Plus. First, it was really "sluggish" right after upgrading. I had restored from backups, restore iPhone, reset settings, nothing seemed to help. When the 9.0.1 update came out the phone responded better, but not like it was on 8.4.1 (or whatever I was on).

Twice now, that I am aware of, I go to bed around 10 PM, wake up around 4:30 AM - 5:00 AM, and the phone has powered off because the battery is DEAD! Normally, my phone would drop 3%-4% overnight if it is not plugged in. Last night I went to bed it has 87% battery left. 87%!

I have the location turned off. I have background refresh rate turned off. Wi-Fi assist is turned off. This is becoming a @#&^#% Android device, you have to turn off all the features to use the damn thing.

None of these problems existed before I upgraded.

Has anyone else had similar issues? Don't really want to upgrade (I'm on the VZW Edge Program), but I will in order to have a working phone. That is, in another month when the iPhone 6s Plus can be purchased at stores.....:mad:

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
If you haven't already, restore your iPhone and then set it up as new. Afterwards, give it a day to settle in.

SmartFah

Oct 11, 2011
Visit site
I've had similar issues when I updated my 6+ to iOS 9. I didn't want to completely nuke my device & reset it as new, so I reset it and restored it from an iTunes back up, and that has helped big time for me.

I would recommend doing that before killing it and setting it up as new. Also, if you're near an Apple Store, you may want to have them run a diagnostic on the phone to see if there's anything wrong with the battery.

TMFoughty

Mar 26, 2012
Visit site
I've already done that. That did not help.

Today I deleted Facebook, hard booted the phone, reset the settings, and then reinstalled FB today. So far, the battery has not depleted like it did last night, but, I also have been closing FB in the app launcher after every use. I'm going to see what it does tonight.

aniketsahrma9865

Nov 9, 2012
Visit site
Transfer purchases on itunes not working for me, whenever i open any app it takes time like a pause goes to a black screen and then to app, whenever i pull down on any home screen all icons are messed up like in the pic and no other problems ImageUploadedByiMore Forums1444021168.327878.jpg

Trees

Dec 26, 2012
Visit site
iOS 9.0.2 has been ok for me. The phone does lag slightly during some operations. I did a restore after dropping from the Beta program, and prior to updating to iOS 9 official release.

For Battery usage, I've found that Settings/Battery/Battery Usage is helpful when trying to determine which app or apps are consuming the most battery. If there's a rouge app that's got a hung process that is consuming excessive CPU time, that will show up in the Battery Usage setting.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner