Help for frustrated iPhone 6 Plus owner

sticbow

Sep 26, 2015
Visit site
Hi.. I'm a long time reader of the forums but first time poster..

Today, as with everyday when I woke up I grabbed my phone to check the mail. And to my surprise it said cannot connect to mail so I opened the settings as it prompted and it said re-submit password so I did. However it did not take.

So my next thought was delete the account and start a set it up from scratch.. Since I had two email accounts on the phone I decided I would do both. ( one yahoo the problem account and one gmail seemed to work fine prior to deleting)

Well when I clicked on the yahoo tab it flashed a blank screen then when back to the mail options screen which has yahoo gmail hotmail etc.. It doesn't even give me a chance to type anything in.

My iPad is working just fine.. It is only my iPhone having this issue..

Please help... I'm frustrated at this point ....

Devilsden

Sep 10, 2015
Visit site
I am sure you tried this but I had a similar problem with my outlook account, I just shut the phone down all the way and then turned it back on and everything came back and worked properly. If that does not work try doing a hard restart, that will sometimes clear whatever is causing the issue.

sticbow

Sep 26, 2015
Visit site
I tried turning the phone off then back on again.. Didn't work.. I just tried your suggestion of hard restart.. Still no go. Same problem...

sticbow

Sep 26, 2015
Visit site
Also I just noticed that when I click on the other options (exchange, aol, outlook) they open to the page to enter your information.. However gmail and yahoo will not (the ones that I need)

sticbow

Sep 26, 2015
Visit site
So.. With some more messing around, I found that if I turn wifi on.. I can set up both mail accounts and get mail.. But if I turn it off mail does not work..

Now please keep in mind my above post that I can open setup pages for other emails when on cellular. (Problem being I do not have outlook, aol, exchange.. Etc..) yahoo and gmail will not work on cellular..

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods