iOS 9 laggy on 6 plus

Bigwoodque

Aug 14, 2012
Visit site
I'm having issues with my 6 plus as well. There has been considerable lag that could be due to apps not being optimized however I'm seeing it in just closing or transitioning screens. I've done a clean install through iTunes however still no luck. This rotational issue has to be addressed. I'm tired of having to orientate my phone every time I unlock it and I realize I can lock the orientation however I shouldn't have to. The bigger question I have is what is Apple doing to address these issues? The last update wasn't relevant to the issues with 6 plus I've been reading about or experiencing and I know we all aren't having issues but the select few all experiencing the same issue is an opportunity.

Trees

Dec 26, 2012
Visit site
iOS 9.0.2 has been better for me. Agree with Bigwoodque on the rotation problems. They continue to exist, although not as bad as on iOS 8.x.

Bigwoodque

Aug 14, 2012
Visit site
Trees I agree it's not as bad as iOS 8 but still hasn't been fixed and now this lag issue is just adding fuel to the fire.

Ooltewah_Vol

Jan 18, 2011
Visit site
I'm having all the same issues in my 6 plus. I have restored as new, reset settings, tried 9.1 betas and still laggy as ever. I wonder if it is affecting certain models. Mine is a 128gb.

Bigwoodque

Aug 14, 2012
Visit site
I'm having all the same issues in my 6 plus. I have restored as new, reset settings, tried 9.1 betas and still laggy as ever. I wonder if it is affecting certain models. Mine is a 128gb.

I thought it was a model issue too because I have the 64gb. I just wish there was a fix and it may be that it's not enough RAM but man it runs smooth on my 5S I have for work...

Ooltewah_Vol

Jan 18, 2011
Visit site
I thought it was a model issue too because I have the 64gb. I just wish there was a fix and it may be that it's not enough RAM but man it runs smooth on my 5S I have for work...

I wish there was a fix too. I'm not sure if it's a RAM issue because it runs great on a iPhone 6 I have.

hollidizzle

Jan 25, 2010
Visit site
Same here. Clean install thru iTunes. Still has been super laggy and just "jerky" into transitions and opening/closing apps

johnnyZ003

Sep 18, 2012
Visit site
The only issue I have encountered is in the You Tube app. It will freeze and the only way out is to do a hard reset by holding the home and power button.

amyf27

Oct 2, 2015
Visit site
My freezing issues and lagging are often when I'm not in an app at all. The home screen will freeze. The lock screen will freeze. I'm kind of irritated by it this is brand new from Verizon store about 10 days ago

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
forwardsmychoice