iOS 9 laggy on 6 plus

dsamp23

Jun 14, 2015
Visit site
Ever since I updated to iOS 9 my device has been extremely laggy....some apps freeze to the point where I have to reset just to get out of the app. Anyone else having similar issues?

mchi5

Jan 15, 2015
Visit site
I would have to agree with OP somewhat. After installing IOS 9, my 6 plus doesn't run as smoothly. I haven't had apps freeze up on me but where I find it lags is transitioning between apps. Especially from the recent apps, and the transition effect going between folders back to the home screen.

My thinking is maybe iOS 9 is built for the new 6s and 6s plus with 2 gb ram? I could be totally wrong though

Hopefully the next update will smooth all this out.

sicario666

Nov 27, 2010
Visit site
My thinking is maybe iOS 9 is built for the new 6s and 6s plus with 2 gb ram? I could be totally wrong though

I would hope that isn't the case. If it is... Our devices are ALREADY obsolete!?

53N7 9R0M M4 i6+

mj0

Aug 28, 2015
Visit site
I would have to agree with OP somewhat. After installing IOS 9, my 6 plus doesn't run as smoothly. I haven't had apps freeze up on me but where I find it lags is transitioning between apps. Especially from the recent apps, and the transition effect going between folders back to the home screen.

I'm seeing the exact same behavior on my 6 Plus whereas in the 5s it's as smooth and silky as can be.

Knightstalker

Mar 7, 2015
Visit site
Mine has been pretty smooth since the update... Only issue in the beginning was some apps closing out, due to not being updated to be compatible with ios 9... most have already fixed their issues... so all good... hope a restore helps you out... clean installs were almost always necessary when i had android

sko580

Aug 18, 2014
Visit site
I thought it was just me. I did a full reset and restored my apps and data. I did still have a few apps unexpected close on me after the reset. I'm going to give it a few more weeks and hopefully app developers will update their apps.

One feature that I thought was a tad faster with iOS 8 was the fingerprint unlock.

TMFoughty

Mar 26, 2012
Visit site
I am having the same problem. Games are horrible now. Using task switcher almost always lag. Did a clean install from iTunes twice now. No change.

mchi5

Jan 15, 2015
Visit site
My 6 plus (space grey, 128gb) was super laggy after iOS 9.0

Just updated to 9.0.1 and immediately I noticed it is so much smoother. Mainly with the recent apps screen and scrolling thru the recents app tabs, as well as going in and out of folders on the home page.

For me this update has made a huge difference in smoothness. Very happy with this!

Frost Forged

Feb 27, 2013
Visit site
My 6 Plus is far from smooth. I did nuke and pave my phone when iOS 9 came out. I'm getting hanging apps, jerky transitions and delays in multitasking popping up. I'm hoping as bugs get fixed this gets ironed out. The fact of the matter is though, these types of problems have always been on the iPhone 6 Plus. It's a big hamstrung because of the screen size and 1 GB of RAM.

I still love 6 Plus, but it's never been wart free. Don't even get me started on the rotation nonsense when you unlock the phone. ��

konjis1

Sep 18, 2014
Visit site
My experience on my 6 plus has been terrible since updating to ios 9! TouchID is slow, screen rotation is laggy, getting in and out of apps is slow! Texting has been weird as well...as there is some lag to that as well. Ughhh