Should I upgrade???

WildCatStud333

Oct 20, 2012
Visit site
I have the iPhone 6plus. Contemplating whether or not to upgrade to the 6S plus. I usually always get the newest iPhone annually. I love the camera update. I use mine a lot for taking pics of the kiddos. But that's really the only thing that's tempting me to upgrade. Would love to hear your thoughts on whether I should upgrade or just stick it out another year.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Why you should:
  • You upgrade to the newest iPhones annually
  • You love the new camera features and take a lot of pics of the Kiddos
Why you shouldn't:
  • The new camera features is the only reason you're tempted to upgrade.
  • You haven't mentioned anything negative in regard to your current iPhone 6 Plus.

Last edited:

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
I'm also on the fence as well. The only real upgrade I would probably benefit from is the 3D Touch. With iOS9 being released today and my 6 Plus feeling like a new device, I do believe I can actually wait for the iPhone 7 Plus. If I was to upgrade, I would still get the 6s Plus in Space Gray and use the Black Apple Leather case which would look just like my current set up. I dunno, time will tell.

WildCatStud333

Oct 20, 2012
Visit site
Why you should:
  • You upgrade the newest iPhones annually
  • You love the new camera features and take a lot of pics of the Kiddos
Why you shouldn't"
  • The new camera features is the only reason you're tempted to upgrade.
  • You haven't mentioned anything negative in regard to your current iPhone 6 Plus.

I love my 6 plus. It just works. The camera is the best I've used on a mobile device. Just don't like what the pic looks on distant photos or zooming in on a photo. I wish I knew if the 6S is going to have 2GB of ram. If I did I would def upgrade.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I love my 6 plus. It just works. The camera is the best I've used on a mobile device. Just don't like what the pic looks on distant photos or zooming in on a photo. I wish I knew if the 6S is going to have 2GB of ram. If I did I would def upgrade.

I hear ya....:)...I've had the iPhone 3G, 4S, 5, 5S and now the 6 Plus, but I don't have any intentions on getting the 6S/6S Plus because I'm still enjoying the heck out of my 6 Plus. I've taken a good deal of photos and videos of my youngest son at his football games and I'm totally satisfied with how they turn out. I also have my trusty Nikon D90 DLSR camera at the ready so I'm never swayed by a smartphone camera when contemplating on a purchase. Still, I understand your dilemma. As for the amount of RAM, I haven't come across any 'definitive' information about it.

nyc_rock

Sep 19, 2006
Visit site
One reason not to upgrade might be battery life. Apple reduced the size of the battery in the "S's" to make room for 3D touch hardware and made IOS9 more efficient as an "offset". So theoretically, the 6+ with its bigger battery and IOS9 should have better battery life than the 6S+.

Theoretically.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73