I am using the SwiftKey keyboard but changes back to thr Apple one even if I took it off as an option

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    09-12-2015 05:50 PM
    Yeah, wait until iOS 9 drops, it fixes most of those issues. It's Apple's code.

09-12-2015 06:36 PM
    Go in Settings >General > Keyboard > edit > delete English keyboard. That helps.
    09-12-2015 06:55 PM
    Just remember if its for a password, it will always show the  keyboard even if you deleted it. However I'm on beta 9.1 and it rarely shows up except for passwords. What iOS version are you on? If it's 8, wait for 9, it'll help.
    metllicamilitia likes this.
    09-12-2015 07:06 PM
    Just remember if its for a password, it will always show the  keyboard even if you deleted it. However I'm on beta 9.1 and it rarely shows up except for passwords. What iOS version are you on? If it's 8, wait for 9, it'll help.

09-13-2015 02:11 AM
    Go in Settings >General > Keyboard > edit > delete English keyboard. That helps.

Did that a while ago but still shows up and besides when you input a password

09-13-2015 02:12 AM
    Did that a while ago but still shows up and besides when you input a password

Only when for passwords. It should not show otherwise. It's going to for passwords. That's intentional for security reasons. Apple should give us the option to trust 3rd party keyboards. But if something were to happen, they would be blamed! LOL
    09-13-2015 06:55 AM
    Only when for passwords. It should not show otherwise. It's going to for passwords. That's intentional for security reasons. Apple should give us the option to trust 3rd party keyboards. But if something were to happen, they would be blamed! LOL
    As I just said before.....it shows up besides when I'm inputting passwords......like here

09-13-2015 09:50 AM
    As I just said before.....it shows up besides when I'm inputting passwords......like here

Did you check Settings to see if it's there or not?
    09-13-2015 10:10 AM

Manually change it again anywhere the stock keyboard shows up. It has a weird thing where it remembers the last working keyboard. Change it manually and you should be good.

09-13-2015 10:12 AM
    Did you check Settings to see if it's there or not?
    I deleted it a while ago

09-13-2015 10:14 AM

09-13-2015 10:14 AM
    Manually change it again anywhere the stock keyboard shows up. It has a weird thing where it remembers the last working keyboard. Change it manually and you should be good.

That's the problem....I shouldn't be changing it all the time

09-13-2015 10:15 AM
    That's the problem....I shouldn't be changing it all the time

Two things. First, hit edit on your keyboard settings and move it to the top of the list. Second, after that you should only have to manually select to use SwiftKey in app, once more per app that it doesn't show up on.

iClinch likes this.
    09-13-2015 10:19 AM
    Two things. First, hit edit on your keyboard settings and move it to the top of the list. Second, after that you should only have to manually select to use SwiftKey in app, once more per app that it doesn't show up on.

Placement doesn't matter because the GIF keyboard isn't in question..... My phone decides to switch to the Apple keyboard at times and I don't even have it as an option.

09-13-2015 10:21 AM
    Placement doesn't matter because the GIF keyboard isn't in question..... My phone decides to switch to the Apple keyboard at times and I don't even have it as an option.

With 9.0 GM and 9.1 it should only change to Apple's keyboard with multiple text fields or apps that don't support third party keyboards.

09-13-2015 10:25 AM
    With 9.0 GM and 9.1 it should only change to Apple's keyboard with multiple text fields or apps that don't support third party keyboards.

This has been an ongoing problem since I was on 8.3 ( or 8.4 whichever was the one that was with Apple music)?

09-13-2015 10:27 AM
    This has been an ongoing problem since I was on 8.3 ( or 8.4 whichever was the one that was with Apple music)?

Can you give specific of where you are seeing the Apple keyboard instead of SwiftKey? What's apps, what scenarios, etc.?

09-13-2015 10:31 AM
    Can you give specific of where you are seeing the Apple keyboard instead of SwiftKey? What's apps, what scenarios, etc.?

It's really random and can't really remember when exactly but it has happened using Tapatalk a few times and the messenger app.

09-13-2015 10:36 AM
    It's really random and can't really remember when exactly but it has happened using Tapatalk a few times and the messenger app.

I haven't had any issues with SwiftKey or SwiftKey beta with Tapatalk on 9.0 GM or 9.1. Did you allow full access?

09-13-2015 10:38 AM
    I haven't had any issues with SwiftKey or SwiftKey beta with Tapatalk on 9.0 GM or 9.1. Did you allow full access?

Yes.....I know what I'm doing....

09-13-2015 10:38 AM
    Yes.....I know what I'm doing....

No need to get defensive, I'm just trying to get enough information to figure out where you issue is. The reason I suggested moving SwiftKey to the top of the list is because iOS will default to top keyboard. I haven't noticed any issues with Tapatalk and SwiftKey. So without knowing specifics it's hard to troubleshoot. If you take note of when and where these issues occur you may notice a pattern. Outside of that I'm at a loss right now.

09-13-2015 10:42 AM

With the English keyboard deleted in Settings, I don't see it except for multiple text fields and passwords. SwiftKey is what comes up in Messenger. Maybe your setting in "keyboard" isn't holding when you delete it. Are you tapping "done"?
    09-13-2015 10:45 AM
    With the English keyboard deleted in Settings, I don't see it except for multiple text fields and passwords. SwiftKey is what comes up in Messenger. Maybe your setting in "keyboard" isn't holding when you delete it. Are you tapping "done"?
    Yes...

09-13-2015 10:53 AM
    I often have the same problems as the OP. Not as frequent as him but almost. Very frustrating. Hope ios 9 fixes this
    Closingracer likes this.
    09-13-2015 11:49 AM
47 12