Screen has lifted after a fall :/

Status
Not open for further replies.

missy8787

Apr 20, 2015
Visit site
I don't see how that could have happened either lol mine recently flew out of my pocket case less and only got a few scratches on it.

bxnextel86

Aug 13, 2013
Visit site
If u don't have apple care then call apple care. And ask for a cs code. Make a story and and ask for a supervisor. I have done it like 7 times and always got my iPhone replace for free. Even if it was shatter or wet.

Last edited:

anon(9635847)

Sep 7, 2015
Visit site
Man the responses to your question have been horrible, like people are posting just to post. Anyway, here is what going on and your options. When you dropped your phone the frame bent slightly and this is why you see the gap. Most likely Apple won't do anything because once the frame is bent usually they don't touch it because the machine they use for screen replacements won't necessarily work. You can try to take it apart yourself and carefully try bending back yourself... There are a ton of YouTube videos to watch with step by steps. Once you take apart your phone once you'll be a pro. Just make sure you watch the videos first and know what the inside looks like prior so you don't damage the ribbon cables. If you don't want to do it yourself you can use a service like icracked.com or something similar. Look on yelp for service technicians in your area and see if they have some positive feedback. If none of the is appealing you can just live with it until your next upgrade. It shouldn't really be thAt big of a dead besides just being annoying. I suggest getting a tech21 case or something like that if this is what you're gonna do. Either way good luck and let me know if you have any questions. 🍻

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
Man the responses to your question have been horrible, like people are posting just to post.
What a classy way to introduce yourself to a forum with a first post... responses above are no more horrible than yours...

my $0.02

Status
Not open for further replies.