Will 6+ accessories be compatible with the 6s+?

TLD1

Retired Moderator
Jul 19, 2008
Visit site
What are the chances that the accessories from the iPhone 6+ will still work fine on the iPhone 6s+? I know the rumors...the most reliable ones, are saying the "s" phones will be a tad thicker, but not any taller/wider.

I am using an iPhone 6 now, but am looking to upgrade the the iPhone 6s+ this time because I just want a little more screen real estate. I've already bought a black leather Apple case for the 6+ as well as a ZAGG Glass screen protector for the 6+ in advance because I remember how quickly both of those accessories sold out last year after the 6+ release date. Now, I'm hoping that they fit. I bought the ZAGG Glass off of an eBay seller because ZAGG is totally sold out, and I bought the case directly from Verizon...but by the time of the 6s+ release my 14-day return window will be over, and I can't return it. Bummer.

Hope it'll turn out for the good. But I also remember the 4s release and that because of the button placement, the accessories for the "4" were suddenly no good. Maybe Apple learned the lesson.

Closingracer

Sep 24, 2014
Visit site
None except screen protectors if they are rumored to use the thicker metal for the phones which would make it thicker

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

iEd

Banned
Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
Spigen has 6S Plus cases on their site but I don't see any details listed such as size but they are listed as separate from 6 Plus cases so you maybe can assume 6 Plus won't fit 6S Plus. They have a Neo Hybird Carbon for S Plus but not for Plus.
I would have waited for confirmation on the 6S Plus size before buying cases.

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

TLD1

Retired Moderator
Jul 19, 2008
Visit site
Spigen has 6S Plus cases on their site but I don't see any details listed such as size but they are listed as separate from 6 Plus cases so you maybe can assume 6 Plus won't fit 6S Plus. They have a Neo Hybird Carbon for S Plus but not for Plus.

That, or Spigen knows a bit about marketing. Even if their 6+ cases fit the 6s+ fine...they stand a chance of selling twice as many cases if they market them separately. And, until the new devices are released, they will sell lots in advance to people who reckon they will be different.

You're probably right about me acting prematurely on the cases & screen protector though. Won't be the first time I've been wrong...

Closingracer

Sep 24, 2014
Visit site

It looks exactly like the 6/plus. I think they are either assuming it's similar enough to make it based off rumor designs or is literally hoping it's the same like the 5/5S and thinking it won't be something similar like the 4/4S

Closingracer

Sep 24, 2014
Visit site
That, or Spigen knows a bit about marketing. Even if their 6+ cases fit the 6s+ fine...they stand a chance of selling twice as many cases if they market them separately. And, until the new devices are released, they will sell lots in advance to people who reckon they will be different.

You're probably right about me acting prematurely on the cases & screen protector though. Won't be the first time I've been wrong...

I actually like the new neo hybrid case they sell for the 6s+ that i hope the phones are the same.

Screen protectors I think is a safe bet since I don't think they will change it but the body has a good chance of changing to make it stronger so they will totally avoid what the media has called "bend gate".

jhnnyblze2000

Feb 6, 2010
Visit site
I emailed spigen about this yesterday. They told me all their cases for the 6s plus except the air cushion I think they said will be compatible with the original 6 plus.

jhnnyblze2000

Feb 6, 2010
Visit site
This was the email I received.

Subject: 6s plus cases
AUG 31, 2015 | 02:57PM PDT
Diana replied:
HI Jason,

Thank you for contacting Spigen!

The iPhone 6S Plus cases will be compatible with the iPhone 6 Plus device, except for the Air Skin case.

Thank you for your interest in Spigen.
Have a wonderful day!

Best Regards,
Diana

iEd

Banned
Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
It's possible that the 6S Plus will not be thicker. I guess we won't really know until next week.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR