Do you sell your old iPhone before the new one is released?

AlexJ92

Jun 2, 2014
Visit site
Just wondering how many people sell their old iPhones before the release of the next version? I am thinking I will be selling my 6 plus in another weeks time to get more for my device before the new one is released, what about you?

sicario666

Nov 27, 2010
Visit site
All depends if I need the money to buy the new device. More often than not,that's the case for me. Plus I don't see the reason to hold onto older tech.

53N7 9R0M M4 i6+

mumfoau

Ambassador
Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
Until recently I was a habitual phone switcher so I'd always sell my current device in order to get the next one. Reason? So my wife wouldn't care very much save for the fact that I didn't have iMessage anymore. Lol

Happy wife... You know the rest

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
I usually have it sold before the new iPhone hits my hands...last few times it's been to friends, and this year looks to be heading in the same direction.

qbnkelt

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site
Mine goes to a family member. My 4s actually went to a friend who had dropped hers in her dog's water bowl.

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site

Ariel Babalao

May 8, 2014
Visit site
I will not sell nor give my 6 even after I get the 6s plus. I will keep it for backup and try beta versions on it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bigeric23

Aug 17, 2010
Visit site
Possibly the worst place to sell your phone. You don't get not nearly the value of what you can get if you just try hard enough.

I sold a 128GB Mint condition and used 6 Plus on Swappa for $760 last month. Look what what Gazelle gives you for that.

I can certainly understand, but for me . . . the money is not as important as the lack of hassle.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site

If you love throwing money away for no reason at all, Gazelle is a great outlet.

Selling a phone on Gazelle is literally NO easier than selling a phone on eBay. As long as you're clear and honest about what you're selling and don't represent what you're selling on eBay inaccurately, it's completely stress free. And the funny part is, Gazelle is the same way...they'll make the experience a total PITA if you misrepresent what you're sending them vs. what you describe initially.

zerog46

Oct 3, 2010
Visit site
I usually hand it down to one of the kids.
Someone is going to enjoy a 128gb 6 Plus this year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bigeric23

Aug 17, 2010
Visit site
If you love throwing money away for no reason at all, Gazelle is a great outlet.

Selling a phone on Gazelle is literally NO easier than selling a phone on eBay. As long as you're clear and honest about what you're selling and don't represent what you're selling on eBay inaccurately, it's completely stress free. And the funny part is, Gazelle is the same way...they'll make the experience a total PITA if you misrepresent what you're sending them vs. what you describe initially.

Like I said, the money is not my top priority. I've never had any problems with Gazelle, but I have had numerous issues (buying and selling) with eBay over the years. Moreover, Gazelle is a sponsor of MacBreak Weekly, and I like to support those that support people offering free content.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
INTERNET BUNDLE NOW