So I have an unlocked 6 plus and am toying with the idea of getting the 6s plus when it comes out. however, this is my only device but I also want to maximize my resale value. anyone have any suggestions on how to do that so I am not without a phone? or do I have to time it just perfectly?
    08-18-2015 01:16 PM
    So I have an unlocked 6 plus and am toying with the idea of getting the 6s plus when it comes out. however, this is my only device but I also want to maximize my resale value. anyone have any suggestions on how to do that so I am not without a phone? or do I have to time it just perfectly?
    Timing is everything...these sites that people have been mentioning sometimes offer guaranteed values to you for "x" number of days, but you're going to lose out on those regardless. eBay is my go to if I don't have someone to sell it to who I know personally, and the values on eBay always follow the same trend...big spike in sales right before and on release (obviously)...values don't start drastically dropping until AFTER release (though they do drop a decent amount in the month before).

I found in the past that if you sell the iPhone just before the release and let them know it will be shipped out on release day, you'll usually retain a little value vs. selling right afterwards.
    jclif and stlcheer like this.
    08-18-2015 03:25 PM
    Well considering my possession, I will not buy a new release iPhone
    08-20-2015 10:41 PM
    We usually end up selling my wife's iPhone and she gets my hand-me-down, since I usually have the better phone whether that be additional storage or just the better iPhone in general. This year may be different since she has no desire for the 6+. Regardless, one will be sold before they even announce the new ones in order to maximize resale value.
    08-24-2015 02:47 PM
    No, I sold my old Android:3
    08-24-2015 11:37 PM
    No, I'm too much of a hoarder to sell a recent phone.
    08-25-2015 01:57 PM
    Used to sell my iPhone's for the new ones but can't now as I was on Next with AT&T then moved over to T-Mobile on Jump. So right now I'm using a 6+ until the 6S+ comes out and I'll get that and stick with until the 7S comes out.

The Lannisters send their regards.
    08-29-2015 05:03 AM
    In order to go without a phone you would have to time it perfectly or work out a deal with the buyer that you will not ship the 6 plus until you have your new phone. I see that on Swappa sometimes. That is the site that I use. You pay way less in fees than eBay and I have had zero issues with buyers. I will not sell on eBay anymore after using Swappa. I have no interest in paying more for fees than I have to on the sale.
    08-29-2015 07:49 AM
    Yup. Sold mine about 3-4 weeks ago (not a plus, just regular 6). I got a lumia icon (my device as my iPhone was sent in for repairs before Apple sending me a new one, which I sold), a lumia 735 (basically free no contract after promotions with Verizon) and currently use a LG G4 (total cost a little over $100 dollars no contract after Verizon promotions).

I will wait and see after all these new phones being unveiled to possibly make my decision on my next phone.
    08-29-2015 10:20 AM
    I sold my 6 plus 128gb 3 weeks ago for about $750 in order to have most of the money I needed to get the 6S plus. Just started "flipping" phones for the new ones last year and I think I will do it again next year.
    08-30-2015 08:45 PM
    I`m keeping my 6Plus and will sell it next yr when I get the 7+ and then have my 6s+ as a back up. The money I`d be spending to buy a back up phone would pretty much be around the same price drop I`d face selling my 6+ next yr. I have a 128gb 6+ so I assume I can get 450-500 on the LOW end next yr, and I`m on Tmobile and will be using EIP so the 450-500 I make will pay off the remainder EIP for the 6s+.

If I wasn't so used to the size of the 6+ I would just get a iphone 5 as a back up to use for a month before iphone releases BUT the new iphone 6s+ will probably have band 12 LTE, so I could end up using that forever as my back up phone, who knows.
    08-31-2015 09:51 AM
36 12