Emails are delayed why?

Intense Soul

Feb 5, 2015
Visit site
It's strange to ask but I would love to know if I am missing anything in settings. I am using a iphone 6+ as my primary and BlackBerry Q10 as secondary.

Two of my email accounts are added on both devices. I receive emails instantly on Q 10 but not on 6+. Is there any settings that needs to be changed in push settings or emails intervals or it is common on iPhone?

When I am opening the account, I am doing refresh and then only the new emails show up. I have 4G in cellular data and where ever i go in city, I get connected to wifi automatically i.e home,college or work. Every where there is a good reception.

Please don't compare devices, give me a hand in resolving this if there is any fault in my settings.

Thanks in advance.:yes:

John Yester

Moderator Team Leader
Ambassador
May 23, 2012
Visit site
Look it Settings > Mail, Contacts, Calendars > Fetch New Data and adjust according to your needs.

Yup have to change it from manually to fetch. Thought fetch will decrease battery life a bit.. Also remember you wont have true push from google anymore.

John Yester

Moderator Team Leader
Ambassador
May 23, 2012
Visit site
Google officially ended its Exchange support on Jan. 30, 2013

Many users still wonder why they can no longer receive instant push e-mail notifications from Gmail. Instead, Gmail users who set up a new iOS device must "fetch" their mail, which iOS does automatically in timed intervals set by the user that can be as frequent as once per 15 minutes. Now Google's change affects only those who use the native Mail application built in to iOS. Users who still wish to receive push notifications of new emails can use Google's official Gmail application, which is a free download on the App Store.

katesbb

Nov 25, 2012
Visit site
As a workaround, I forward my Gmail to my icloud.com email account. That way I get my Gmail instantly with the standard iOS Mail app.

If you're really ambitious, there's apparently a way to send back out through Gmail's servers too - but I've never tried it.

Peligro911

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
As a workaround, I forward my Gmail to my icloud.com email account. That way I get my Gmail instantly with the standard iOS Mail app.

If you're really ambitious, there's apparently a way to send back out through Gmail's servers too - but I've never tried it.

I do this also ..
i had to re add my gmail account one time and i lost push .. so this was my solution , although i do not route it back from my gmail address

Peligro911

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
It's strange to ask but I would love to know if I am missing anything in settings. I am using a iphone 6+ as my primary and BlackBerry Q10 as secondary.

Two of my email accounts are added on both devices. I receive emails instantly on Q 10 but not on 6+. Is there any settings that needs to be changed in push settings or emails intervals or it is common on iPhone?

When I am opening the account, I am doing refresh and then only the new emails show up. I have 4G in cellular data and where ever i go in city, I get connected to wifi automatically i.e home,college or work. Every where there is a good reception.

Please don't compare devices, give me a hand in resolving this if there is any fault in my settings.

Thanks in advance.:yes:

i think if you pay for googe you can pay and get push back also

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73