I've just had this iPhone 6 plus for a couple of days now and mostly I am happy with it but a couple of things have me about to rip my hair out and the latest issue has me about to return the phone and go back to my S6.

I searched around and found how to make custom ringtones using Garage Band. My first couple of times the file only had the metronome clicking sound so I made a third one which worked fine. The problem is, now I can't remove the first two ringtones from the list in the settings. They don't show up in iTunes under tones because they were created on the phone and I haven't been able to figure out any way to remove them. The last ringtone I made was for incoming texts. That worked the first time but the auto correct changed the name of the tune from Cielito Lindo to Fidelity London! While that pissed me off a bit, it mostly just makes me laugh every time I look at it. But, those two bad files are making me a bit nuts and I want them out of the ringtone list in settings. How do I do this?
    08-01-2015 05:59 PM
    I'm not sure, but if you created them via Garage Band then I assume you can edit or delete the tones with it.
    08-01-2015 06:08 PM
    I'm not sure, but if you created them via Garage Band then I assume you can edit or delete the tones with it.
    I didn't know garage band could be used to create ring tones. Good to know

53N7 9R0M M4 i6+
    08-01-2015 06:11 PM

53N7 9R0M M4 i6+
    Heck, I didn't either....
    08-01-2015 06:13 PM

53N7 9R0M M4 i6+
    LOL

Well, it can! I googled it and found tutorials on how to do it. Works just fine as long as you get it right the first time, otherwise you end up with useless sound files listed in your ringtones. And yes, you can delete those files in Garage Band, but it doesn't seem to delete them from the ringtones list in "Settings". As an added note, I called Apple support to ask how to create custom ringtones but the guy was clueless and then he tells me that he doesn't have an iPhone! How in hades do you do iPhone support and you don't even own the phone! He told me he had one at work to use but doesn't have one personally. Now that's really strange to me. I also called support for help getting a huge music library synced using iTunes and the girl who helped me was absolutely first rate, fun to talk to, highly knowledgeable and stayed on the phone until the job was complete. So my first two support experiences with Apple are mixed, one was first rate and excellent, and the second one, definitely not too great.
    08-01-2015 06:23 PM
    Did you manage to get this sorted. I'm having the same problem, thought removing the files in garage band would do it but no. Also removed garage band completely and they're stil there 😩
    12-28-2015 11:50 AM
    It wasn't easy, but I figured it out by trial and error.
    Start out as if you are going to export a song as a ringtone:
    From GarageBand, go to the list of your songs.
    Select the song you would like to save as a ringtone.
    Choose the "square with an arrow" icon to indicate that you would like to export the song.
    Choose Ringtone from the options.
    This will bring up a "pop-up" dialogue window for you to choose the name of the ringtone and then save.
    Here's where you depart from the normal process:
    Towards the bottom of the "pop-up" window, you will see "Your Ringtones" with an arrow next to it. Click on this option, which will bring up a list of ringtones that you have saved to your device.
    Swipe from left to right on the ringtone you'd like to delete, this will bring up the option to delete the ringtone.
    Select the delete option and poof, gone!

It looks like once you get to this menu, you can also rename previously saved ringtones.

Forgot to mention that these are the instructions I followed on my iPad Pro, but as I have painfully learned, the options apparently show up differently depending on what type of device you are using.
    Last edited by rosiemb; 03-23-2016 at 01:17 PM. Reason: Needed to add additional information.
    03-23-2016 12:56 PM