Will the new iPhone be much better than 6+?

RJ_Abella

Jul 25, 2015
Visit site
Do you think the new iPhones coming out in most likely Sept. Will be so much more better than the 6+? I have a s6 edge and am trying to sell it so I can pay off the edge balance to edge up to the 6+ but wasn't sure if The new iPhones will be that much better making me regret getting the 6+. I'm pretty miserable with my s6 edge and really want to get the 6+

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Asaf Fishkin

Jun 27, 2015
Visit site
Re: New iPhone much better than 6+

Get it. You won't regret it. Bought mine a month ago. I can't imagine replacing it soon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RJ_Abella

Jul 25, 2015
Visit site

In that case anyone want to buy my s6 edge lol. I can go to tmobile but everyone talks about the horrible coverage and Indoor reception

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk

jdfry15

Trusted Member
Sep 20, 2014
Visit site

I've tried T-Mobile a couple times the last few years. I can say if you travel much I wouldn't use them. I travel for work and T-Mobile is almost unusable in some places for voice.
The next iPhone will be better of course. But the great thing about Apple is you will get the new software and the new features that come with it. My 6 plus is smooth and fast. If rumors are correct there will be a better camera and more ram but will it be a huge difference, probably not.

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site

I purchased my 6Plus a month ago and I started to wait for the 6sPlus, but decided to go for it and get the 6Plus now. Of course the 6sPlus will have improvments and rumor has it as having a sturdier aluminium frame, forced touch and a better front camera, which should be a good improvements.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site

You have a matter of weeks before the new iPhone is announced...if you're itching to get a new phone so badly that you can't wait a matter of weeks, I don't know what to tell you. Will the new device be "much better"? That is all in what you consider "better"...the "S" model is always a significant update to the regular model in very tangible ways. Some people find the "S" model the one worthy of waiting for when their upgrades come around, and they skip the regular model (if that tells you anything).

So to answer your question...yes, the next model will be better than the current models. They always are.

Should you wait? Only you can answer that question...but to me, common sense would say wait a few weeks to see whether the new model is worth it to you...and at that point, you can probably get a 6+ a lot cheaper than even right now.

Chief G-Hawk

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site

Personally it is a personal choice to decide whether one should wait or one should just go for it. It still about a month away before Apple announces a new iphone in September.

I love my 6 Plus and I don't plan on upgrading to a 6S/6S Plus. Surely it will be significant but I'm sure that 7 will be a new design and will still have all the features of 6S/6S plus. Even if apple decides to add Force Touch to the 6S/6S Plus, I'm pretty sure it would require an OLED type screen for the Force Touch to work.

Flow39

Jun 26, 2014
Visit site

Personally, I'd wait. The new iPhones always bring better performance and new features, which you may not have if you buy the 6/6+ right now. Considering we only have about 1 and 1/2 months left until we see the next iPhone, it'd be better to wait it out and then decide whether to get the 6s or the 6. If you do decide to go for the 6/6+, the price will be $100 cheaper once the new iPhones are released.

Last year, I was using a "dumb phone" and was waiting for the iPhone 6. In July, I had enough for the 5s and I almost sprang and bought it, but I waited it out and bought the 6 instead. I don't regret waiting, and if you wait as well, I bet you'll have no regrets either. :)

jpgti

Apr 7, 2015
Visit site

I upgrade once a year. My wife is always a model behind me, so her getting my hand-me-down is always a welcome change for her. If we don't have an upgrade on the account I just start a new line, and we usually get enough for whatever phone we decide to sell to pay the ETF to cancel it 30 days later. If you are financing a phone this isn't really an option, however.

Bigeric23

Aug 17, 2010
Visit site

No, I don't think the new iPhone will be that much better than the current 6 Plus. So . . . if you really need a new phone, you can't go wrong with the iPhone 6 Plus.

Sprucecycle

Jul 25, 2015
Visit site

You want to be on the "tick" of Apple's tick-tock cycle so that means no "S" models. All the radical improvements comes to the "whole" number phones (4, 5, 6 etc) while the S versions get the middling updates. Buy the 6 Plus now and wait till the next "tick" a year or 2 years from now.

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site

You want to be on the "tick" of Apple's tick-tock cycle so that means no "S" models. All the radical improvements comes to the "whole" number phones (4, 5, 6 etc) while the S versions get the middling updates. Buy the 6 Plus now and wait till the next "tick" a year or 2 years from now.

This is what I like. Major changes with the "whole" numbers. I'm ok with not getting the "s" versions, even though my first iPhone was the 5s because of the GOLD commercial (Had it for 20 months) ...SMILE
That could change....SMILE

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site

Except many of the "radical" improvements came with the "S" models of the iPhone (Siri, touch security, etc). The only consistent thing about the "tick" (as you called it) are redesigns, which always come with the non-S releases.

Essentially, if a person wanted the best of both worlds, they would always wait for the "S" model phones vs. what you said, because they'd get the redesign AND feature set improvements each and every time.

Jean Sagarese

Dec 27, 2014
Visit site
The 6 plus is awesome you will not regret it and nobody will know exactly what the new one will do until it arrives. I had a Windows Phone I wish I had just waited the little while and stuck with Apple but it was a lesson learned

Closingracer

Sep 24, 2014
Visit site
Do you think the new iPhones coming out in most likely Sept. Will be so much more better than the 6+? I have a s6 edge and am trying to sell it so I can pay off the edge balance to edge up to the 6+ but wasn't sure if The new iPhones will be that much better making me regret getting the 6+. I'm pretty miserable with my s6 edge and really want to get the 6+

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

No I think it will be worse....the old > New!!!!

If you want the 6+ now it isn't suddenly stop working because the 6S+ is out

Closingracer

Sep 24, 2014
Visit site

This is what I like. Major changes with the "whole" numbers. I'm ok with not getting the "s" versions, even though my first iPhone was the 5s because of the GOLD commercial (Had it for 20 months) ...SMILE
That could change....SMILE

Plus you get improvements of the took model. Based off my limited experience with the 5S, reading about it and my iPad Air 2 ( which feels more like the 5S touch ID then iPhone 6 ) I say the iPhone 6/6 plus has the better of the touch ID sensors. So you get the redesign plus improvements of the prior S model.

Closingracer

Sep 24, 2014
Visit site
I have to upgrade at least every year. 2 years seems like an eternal eternity.

from the Elegance

Meh I've been doing that for years. I'm just tired of doing it lol. Don't feel like selling my phones all the time in ebay/Craigslist. This iPhone 6 plus is like my 7th phone that ive owned for more then a month at least* since 2012.

Samsung Galaxy s2 skyrocket
S3
S4
Nexus 5
Note 3
Note 4
IPhone 6 plus

*I've had a nexus 6 and a Motorola Turbo for 24 hours before I returned them.