Quick Charger for 6+

Jaggrey

Mar 28, 2015
Visit site
So I'm new to the iPhone 6+ after having Android for years. One thing where I've been really spoiled is Quick Charge 2.0 where the phone charges stupid fast. Coming to the 6+ and seeing it take 3 hours to charge is a little jarring. Now I know I need an iPad charger to get good charging rates at home, but how about in the car? Can anyone recommend a good car charger? I have a couple Quick Charge ones but it obviously won't take advantage of those rates.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
I myself don't use anything other than the Apple OEM chargers or 3rd party "Made for i" devices... because with other 3rd Party generics - you never know what you're getting. Any 3rd party car charger that's "made for i" and is tagged as being iPad compatible should suffice to charge any Apple device.

Jason Grant4

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site
I would not use any charger that is not from Apple the battery in your iPhone is optimized by Apple for Apple. Anything else may damage your battery life. That is the beauty and the downside to using Apple products. On one hand you are limited by Apple compared to Andriod, on the other hand you are secure in knowing your iPhone is solidly constructed and will preform solidly as well.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Quick charging the iPhone won't make much difference in time. It will, however, cause the phone to heat up with more wear and tear on the battery. It's not worth it.

Jaggrey

Mar 28, 2015
Visit site
Cool, good to know. I went back and saw that one of my car chargers was already "MFi certified" so that's good to know. They also are rated at 2.1A or 2.4A I believe.

With a 2.1A charger would the 6+ reach rates of a % a minute? Does the iPad wall charger reach these rates?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erik4711