So my iPhone took a swim... and Apple replaced it for Free.

jpgti

Apr 7, 2015
Visit site
Dropped my phone in the sink while doing dishes. Yeah yeah, shouldn't have had it near water. Ive had every iPhone since the 1st one and I've never broken a screen or gotten one wet. I guess I was due. Surprisingly, the phone was fine after it dried out other than the headphone jack was shorted out or something. The phone constantly thought there were headphones plugged in when I hit the volume buttons.

Made my appointment expecting to pay the $79 replacement fee, and feeling grateful that I spent the $99 on Applecare +. Went in, explained what happened and that I had Applecare +, the genius says "Why don't I just ignore the fact that it got wet and replace it for you because the volume buttons aren't working properly". I explained again that they didn't work properly because the phone got wet, and I was fully prepared to pay the $79 to replace the phone. She repeats herself... saying she will replace it for free. At this point I reluctantly agree to let her replace the phone under the limited warranty. I walked out with a new phone (or refurb, whatever) feeling like I had cheated the system.

I have had them show random acts of kindness before, replacing a top case on a Macbook when it wasn't absolutely necessary, but this was over the top. I guess just another reason why Apple has my business and will continue to have it.

tadpoles

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site
You are a happier customer and Apple hasn't lost a dime that will make a difference to their bottom line. In fact, you may be more likely to stay with Apple products because of the customer service you received. Smart business sense by Apple and one of the reasons they remain on top in so many customer's eyes.

Sent from the Elegance

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erik4711