Wife wants an iphone

420benz

Nov 27, 2011
Visit site
She will only Text and use the phone. Went on Swappa and found a 5c for 215.00. Don't know the difference between 5c and 5s beside the plastic case on the 5c. My other concern is not being able to replace the battery. Since the phone is used I don't know how many times the battery was charged. Since I am an Android guy I don't know much about this phone. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

AugustVance

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
There a few differences between the 5c and 5s.

1. The 5s has touch ID the 5c does not.
2. The 5s has an more to date processor and it also has the m7 co-processor the 5c does not.

They are both great choices, but for the sake of longevity, I would personally choose towards the 5s. It is also compatible with the apple watch. I may be wrong, I dont think the 5c is.

xNeezzy

Apr 22, 2015
Visit site
She will only Text and use the phone. Went on Swappa and found a 5c for 215.00. Don't know the difference between 5c and 5s beside the plastic case on the 5c. My other concern is not being able to replace the battery. Since the phone is used I don't know how many times the battery was charged. Since I am an Android guy I don't know much about this phone. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Do not get the 5C. Get her a 5S

Sent from my iPhone 6 Plus using Tapatalk

iOS Gravity

Sep 24, 2013
Visit site
If you're deciding between an iPhone 5S and the 5C you should get a 5S. Its more up to date and will last longer. The 5C is just an iPhone 5 with more LTE bands.

Beyond Fire

Nov 23, 2012
Visit site
iPhone 5c is meh...if I didn't love my 6plus so much I'd probably still be rocking a 5s.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
If she's mostly a text and talk person, the 5c is fine. The battery is a gamble at this point, as it is with some 5 and 5s phones. A new battery will be about $80. My Wife has used the 5c since March of 2014, and the battery in it still seems strong compared to my iPhone 5.

tadpoles

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site
The 5s is a great option but so is the Galaxy Alpha. I only mention that because if you're going to buy used the battery condition is an unknown unless you already know you're going to have it replaced. I know she wants an iPhone and I can understand why but I'd be cautious selecting a used older model.

from the Elegance

Closingracer

Sep 24, 2014
Visit site
If all she wants is to text and call why use a iPhone? I would say your better off buying a Samsung Galaxy S3 which is fairly cheap now. Or you can spend a little more for a s4 or S5. These all have removable batteries which makes guessing if you phone has a bad battery less of an risk.

Haalcyon

Jan 26, 2014
Visit site
If all she wants is to text and call why use a iPhone? I would say your better off buying a Samsung Galaxy S3 which is fairly cheap now. Or you can spend a little more for a s4 or S5. These all have removable batteries which makes guessing if you phone has a bad battery less of an risk.

As Tadpole mentioned, the Galaxy Alpha would be a good choice. I had one and it's a fine phone. For just texting and calling any contemporary smartphone may be overkill but who knows, she may grow to use it more if the phone has the capability. You're gonna pay a premium on an iPhone that may not be necessary if all she needs now is calling and texting. Why pay the premium for the design and ecosystem that she may not really want/use? If she's indicated she does indeed want any iPhone specifically, knowing why, specifically, may help. Otherwise, you may be able to more easily solve a true potential battery issue and save some money. IPhones are great for those that appreciate them. I got my Mom an iPhone and as simple as the thing is to use she still doesn't use it for anything besides calls. Wasted $$$.

Closingracer

Sep 24, 2014
Visit site
As Tadpole mentioned, the Galaxy Alpha would be a good choice. I had one and it's a fine phone. For just texting and calling any contemporary smartphone may be overkill but who knows, she may grow to use it more if the phone has the capability. You're gonna pay a premium on an iPhone that may not be necessary if all she needs now is calling and texting. Why pay the premium for the design and ecosystem that she may not really want/use? If she's indicated she does indeed want any iPhone specifically, knowing why, specifically, may help. Otherwise, you may be able to more easily solve a true potential battery issue and save some money. IPhones are great for those that appreciate them. I got my Mom an iPhone and as simple as the thing is to use she still doesn't use it for anything besides calls. Wasted $$$.

The battery isn't removable.

Not really a waste if money. I told my mother to get an iPhone 4 at the time and while she never uses all the features she still wants an iPhone over any Android device even though it's cheaper. I even have her a Nexus 7 2013 version and she felt it was difficult to use

Haalcyon

Jan 26, 2014
Visit site
The battery isn't removable.

Not really a waste if money. I told my mother to get an iPhone 4 at the time and while she never uses all the features she still wants an iPhone over any Android device even though it's cheaper. I even have her a Nexus 7 2013 version and she felt it was difficult to use

In the Alpha the battery is removable. I've had two of them and know of no variant that doesn't offer a removable battery.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73