If you have a choice, would you prefer to have a replaceable battery and/or sd card option?

Sammuel1973

Nov 23, 2013
Visit site
Some at the Android Central Forum may want to switch over to the IPhone 6S+ if the Samsung Note 5, also due to be available in the next 1-3 months, does not have these 2 options. Apparently, the design would be similar to the Samsung S6, with metal and glass.

I know there is quick charging and battery packs; cloud services as alternatives, but are they really better than replaceable battery and sd card?

Add: Any former Android users here? How difficult was it to adjust not having these 2 options?

Last edited:

chrisforpm

Apr 16, 2014
Visit site
Re: If you have a choice, would you prefer to have a replaceable battery and sd card option?

I think large internal storage, cloud services and quick charge are the future. Samsung has followed Apple and I see other manufacturers doing the same.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Re: If you have a choice, would you prefer to have a replaceable battery and sd card option?

Some at the Android Central Forum may want to switch over to the IPhone 6S+ if the Samsung Note 5, also due to be available in the next 1-3 months, does not have these 2 options. Apparently, the design would be similar to the Samsung S6, with metal and glass.

I know there is quick charging and battery packs; cloud services as alternatives, but are they really better than replaceable battery and sd card?

Add: Any former Android users here? How difficult was it to adjust not having these 2 options?

To answer the thread question, I would choose an SD card slot. As for how difficult for a former Android user to adjust without having an SD card slot and a replaceable battery, it was not difficult at all for 'me'. In fact, neither were, and is still not an issue.

anon(153966)

Jul 13, 2008
Visit site

SD card. I wouldn't have to buy the most expensive and thus largest device available...

Closingracer

Sep 24, 2014
Visit site
If you have a choice, would you prefer to have a replaceable battery and sd c...

I think large internal storage, cloud services and quick charge are the future. Samsung has followed Apple and I see other manufacturers doing the same.

Until you have service everywhere it won't be. Try using the cloud in a nyc subway station that isn't in Manhattan and underground

The station near me only Sprint gets service and only like 2 bars.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Closingracer

Sep 24, 2014
Visit site

To answer the thread question, I would choose an SD card slot. As for how difficult for a former Android user to adjust without having an SD card slot and a replaceable battery, it was not difficult at all for 'me'. In fact, neither were, and is still not an issue.

It wasn't an "issue" for me but I had to buy the 128gb model

I would love a micro SD card slot so I can buy a cheaper model

Sammuel1973

Nov 23, 2013
Visit site

It wasn't an "issue" for me but I had to buy the 128gb model

I would love a micro SD card slot so I can buy a cheaper model

Hmmm, does that mean the 16gb was the least popular? And perhaps Apple want consumers to opt for the 64gb and 128gb for a bigger profit?

Closingracer

Sep 24, 2014
Visit site
If you have a choice, would you prefer to have a replaceable battery and sd c...

Hmmm, does that mean the 16gb was the least popular? And perhaps Apple want consumers to opt for the 64gb and 128gb for a bigger profit?

If I had to guess sales* I would say between both the 6 and 6 plus 50% was 16gb, 30% 64gb and 20% 128GB. Apple is selling the 16GB in the hopes people spend $100 on the 64GB

* The numbers probably are off buy it's a logical guess imo

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site

Battery? I would still need to go buy one. May as well pick it up at Apple or Verizon and let them put it in.
Storage? My Son uses a Galaxie with a large capacity SD card. He's having problems with it. It's not working right. Cards do wear out. I'd rather just get a large storage phone of 64 gb or more. 256 gb is coming in a year or two. Apple wants you to buy more music and save it offline.

iEd

Banned
Jun 13, 2012
Visit site

Been about 4 years since I had a phone with a SD or replaceable batt. Both were a pain. Since the 6 Plus having a replaceable batt is even less of a concern.

Sent from my iPhone 6 Plus using Tapatalk

qbnkelt

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site

If Apple had a user replaceable battery I would ecstatic. It's the one flaw in the iPhone.
An SD slot? Nah. I prefer buying the 128G and store all my music locally. The only thing I rotate in and out of the device are movies.
I never stream my music or my films. Don't want to have to depend on signal. Or eat up my data.

Sent from my GORGEOUS, SEXY, AWESOME Gold 128G iPhone 6

C.K400

Feb 28, 2015
Visit site
Re: If you have a choice, would you prefer to have a replaceable battery and sd c...

I believe the battery is quite adequate on my 6 plus, also I have the 128 gb version so i never need any more storage. i was an android user for years and realized if you get a top of the line SD card its gonna cost you, might not be the difference of a 16gb to a 128gb buts its close. Also the charging packs are just as convenient as doing a battery swap. I would say get a iPhone and you will not regret the reliability it offers and the great apple customer service as well.

Closingracer

Sep 24, 2014
Visit site

Battery? I would still need to go buy one. May as well pick it up at Apple or Verizon and let them put it in.
Storage? My Son uses a Galaxie with a large capacity SD card. He's having problems with it. It's not working right. Cards do wear out. I'd rather just get a large storage phone of 64 gb or more. 256 gb is coming in a year or two. Apple wants you to buy more music and save it offline.

If you buy high quality brand SD cards you shouldn't have any issues. I have a Samsung pro one and it works great

Tre Lawrence

Apr 26, 2013
Visit site

Yes to both. Not deal breakers though.

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site

Hell no.. I would never want a replaceable battery.. All the hassle with removable back covers is a pain in the 'self censored'

iOS Gravity

Sep 24, 2013
Visit site

I believe the SD card would just slow everything down because of the read and write speed. The battery option would just ruin the look of the iPhone IMO.

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site

Hell no.. I would never want a replaceable battery.. All the hassle with removable back covers is a pain in the 'self censored'

In addition, Apples statement for not adding replaceable battery option was that separate back covers ruin the solidity of the iPhone

Closingracer

Sep 24, 2014
Visit site

I believe the SD card would just slow everything down because of the read and write speed. The battery option would just ruin the look of the iPhone IMO.

It only would if you used it....if you get the Samsung ultra micro SD card or San disk whatever the faster ones are you'll not have any issues really. Obviously internal trumps external in terms of speed but not a noticeable difference with a good card

iOS Gravity

Sep 24, 2013
Visit site

It only would if you used it....if you get the Samsung ultra micro SD card or San disk whatever the faster ones are you'll not have any issues really. Obviously internal trumps external in terms of speed but not a noticeable difference with a good card

With android I had compatibility issues with some SD cards.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73