If you have a choice, would you prefer to have a replaceable battery and/or sd card option?

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
If you have a choice, would you prefer to have a replaceable battery and sd c...

You're probably right about the larger capacity of sd cards nowadays, but I know myself and I will end up having multiple cards with me. Just because I know I CAN have more than one card.

Here is an example:
?on one card I will have all my Music Library on a 64GB card.
?on two other 128GB cards I will have all music videos in 1080p quality
?on a few other cards I will have movies
?on a 128GB I will have all my photos.

And maybe I forgot some other stuff to mention, I don't know.

I will not have those cards all the time with me maybe, but maybe I will, can't say.

In a previous post I pointed out to the fact I have multiple hard disks in my desktop. Why? Because when I bought my first hard disks, the largest available was 320. Later when I needed more space, I bought a few 500 ones. When that wasn't enough a 750, and later a 1000 and finally a 2000. And yes, I can throw away or sell the lesser ones and buy a few 2TB disks, but why should I, as they function fine and I have enough space in my high tower.

So, even on my desktop I have multiple hard disks. What's to say I won't buy multiple SD cards?

James See

Jun 25, 2015
Visit site
Re: If you have a choice, would you prefer to have a replaceable battery and sd card option?

Having a replaceable battery and sd card is better and more convenient.

qbnkelt

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site
If you have a choice, would you prefer to have a replaceable battery and sd c...

I would find an SD card inconvenient.
I've got 200G iCloud storage. I've got 128G local.
All my media is stored locally and shared among all my devices. Every time I buy something new, it's available to sync to iCloud and available to the device I choose.
I've still got 55G free on my phone.
How can this be less convenient and safe from loss than an SD card, considering I sync routinely?
2454d7cd73753ffaac17bdf72d6d3932.jpg

Sent from my GORGEOUS, SEXY, AWESOME Gold 128G iPhone 6

Sammuel1973

Nov 23, 2013
Visit site
Re: If you have a choice, would you prefer to have a replaceable battery and sd c...

You're probably right about the larger capacity of sd cards nowadays, but I know myself and I will end up having multiple cards with me. Just because I know I CAN have more than one card.

Here is an example:
?on one card I will have all my Music Library on a 64GB card.
?on two other 128GB cards I will have all music videos in 1080p quality
?on a few other cards I will have movies
?on a 128GB I will have all my photos.

And maybe I forgot some other stuff to mention, I don't know.

I will not have those cards all the time with me maybe, but maybe I will, can't say.

In a previous post I pointed out to the fact I have multiple hard disks in my desktop. Why? Because when I bought my first hard disks, the largest available was 320. Later when I needed more space, I bought a few 500 ones. When that wasn't enough a 750, and later a 1000 and finally a 2000. And yes, I can throw away or sell the lesser ones and buy a few 2TB disks, but why should I, as they function fine and I have enough space in my high tower.

So, even on my desktop I have multiple hard disks. What's to say I won't buy multiple SD cards?
Wow, you are/were using sd cards far differently from how I use them. Why categorized them separately like how you did with your desktop hard disks by having so many sd cards? Seems cumbersome and archaic to me. I store my music, pics videos, and apps all on the same sd card, then create folders/albums accordingly, so the files are labeled for easy access, easy breezy. If my sd card runs out of space, I can then transfer the files to the cloud or 2 TB external drive, without ever needing to take it out of my phone.

kingweb

Aug 6, 2010
Visit site
Re: If you have a choice, would you prefer to have a replaceable battery and sd card option?

That's kind of a dumb answer. If it is such a hassle, then just don't ever remove the batter, and presto, you don't have to remove the back cover.

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site

Because I like to have all my files with me all the time.

At the moment I have Dropbox (56GB), OneDrive (130GB), Google Drive (25GB) and Box (50GB) and finally iCloud (20GB).

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site

That's kind of a dumb answer. If it is such a hassle, then just don't ever remove the batter, and presto, you don't have to remove the back cover.

There are no dumb answers on forums regarding what people think about stuff

It's his opinion. You should respect it.

Sammuel1973

Nov 23, 2013
Visit site
Re: If you have a choice, would you prefer to have a replaceable battery and sd c...

I would find an SD card inconvenient.
I've got 200G iCloud storage. I've got 128G local.
All my media is stored locally and shared among all my devices. Every time I buy something new, it's available to sync to iCloud and available to the device I choose.
I've still got 55G free on my phone.
How can this be less convenient and safe from loss than an SD card, considering I sync routinely?
//images.tapatalk-cdn.com/15/07/21/2454d7cd73753ffaac17bdf72d6d3932.jpg

Yup, I totally agree...cloud works like a charm when you sync your files routinely; I use the cloud too. For me, it's great to save files, but cumbersome to retrieve them as I need to login, I need to have data connection, plus I need to pay a monthly fee. SD card, like built in storage, I can retrieve the files whenever/whereever I like.

Sammuel1973

Nov 23, 2013
Visit site

Because I like to have all my files with me all the time.

At the moment I have Dropbox (56GB), OneDrive (130GB), Google Drive (25GB) and Box (50GB) and finally iCloud (20GB).
Ha, you must be a cloud hoarder. ;) You can't retrieve your files with you at all times like in a plane (unless you wanna pay big bucks), bad internet connection area, or have limited data.

Sammuel1973

Nov 23, 2013
Visit site

If Apple had a user replaceable battery I would ecstatic. It's the one flaw in the iPhone.

Would you consider an IPhone or any other phones with a metal removeable back? I know it may seem cumbersome to unscrew the back just to swap the battery vs to simply remove a plastic cover. Is that how Apple does it when their customers need to replace a dead battery?

Haalcyon

Jan 26, 2014
Visit site

The aesthetics of a phone, IMO, shouldn't outweigh its utility at all. My 6+ looks nice to me but so does my Note 4. I don't need my 6+ to be my Note 4 and vice versa. IMO they're flagships aimed at different markets. My 6+ doesn't look better than my Note 4 to me yet it is still very very slim and offers removables. I know aesthetics are paramount to some markets. Utility is paramount to others. Aesthetics aside, I do notice my Note 4 is heavier than my 6+ but I can hold both just fine. Removables. I'll miss them and they're are going away because, IMO, profits are higher without them. Samsung is not Apple and it's a shame that they're trying to be. Why do I mention Samsung? When I think Removables that's the company that comes to mind.

.05 cents

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site

Ha, you must be a cloud hoarder. ;) You can't retrieve your files with you at all times like in a plane (unless you wanna pay big bucks), bad internet connection area, or have limited data.

I'm prepared for that kind of situations. All those services provide saving files for offline usage. My biggest worry was for in Istanbul, Turkey, but even there I have an Internet connection at home. (My secondary home, where I am twice a year for 8 days)

qbnkelt

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site

Yup, I totally agree...cloud works like a charm when you sync your files routinely; I use the cloud too. For me, it's great to save files, but cumbersome to retrieve them as I need to login, I need to have data connection, plus I need to pay a monthly fee. SD card, like built in storage, I can retrieve the files whenever/whereever I like.

Matter or choice or preference.

Since I began using the iPhone in 2009, I have not found a situation where I needs to save a document and couldn't keep it in my email until I reached my home computer. And this includes numerous times where I've needed to save PDFs that contained, for example, trip itineraries for work. Or PDFs of Visio documents for new systems business processes. Or network diagrams.

qbnkelt

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site

Would you consider an IPhone or any other phones with a metal removeable back? I know it may seem cumbersome to unscrew the back just to swap the battery vs to simply remove a plastic cover. Is that how Apple does it when their customers need to replace a dead battery?

I would replace my battery on my iPhone. I'd go to the Apple Store.

iOS Gravity

Sep 24, 2013
Visit site

2 screws near the charging port and suction cups.

remipmc

Jan 4, 2012
Visit site

not really, battery has never been an issue and for storage i use mostly cloud based options. i wish they had an all in one price for icloud storage, apple music, and itunes match! maybe give us a early adopter bonus or discount for being all in!

cocoparkjacky

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site

I do want a replaceable battery, if Apple iphone 6 plus had a user replaceable battery I would be happy

grangerfx

Apr 6, 2010
Visit site

Choice C: A fully sealed and waterproof mobile device. Wireless headphones. Wireless charging. Wireless syncing that happens without doing anything. It is about damn time!

shanghaichica

Jan 19, 2013
Visit site

No. I have 128GB of internal storage on my 6 plus. which is plenty. Also the battery life on my 6 plus is awesome so I don't need to carry a spare.

JanuarJaguar

Jun 12, 2015
Visit site

I know this wasn't mentioned in the topic title, but USB on the go feature would be nice, at least for me.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
forwardsmychoice