If you have a choice, would you prefer to have a replaceable battery and/or sd card option?

JanuarJaguar

Jun 12, 2015
Visit site
Re: If you have a choice, would you prefer to have a replaceable battery and sd card option?

I know it sounds funny for some. In case I'm purchasing a new album via the handset, then it could be easily transferred to my Walkman. I see no harm in this.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
Re: If you have a choice, would you prefer to have a replaceable battery and sd card option?

I know it sounds funny for some. In case I'm purchasing a new album via the handset, then it could be easily transferred to my Walkman. I see no harm in this.

Some people see no harm in rewinding cassette tapes with pencils either...lol. It's just funny that you want such an ancient tech function. It'd be like saying a VCR would be a nice feature.

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site

Some people see no harm in rewinding cassette tapes with pencils either...lol. It's just funny that you want such an ancient tech function. It'd be like saying a VCR would be a nice feature.

I prefer cassettes

iOS Gravity

Sep 24, 2013
Visit site

You never know when you might need a VCR. I still have a VCR and a bunch of tapes in my basement and I would like to watch some of them on the go.

JanuarJaguar

Jun 12, 2015
Visit site

So when you hear about Walkman, you think of a cassette player? No offense, but it seems instead of a discussion, you like to depreciate people.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site

So when you hear about Walkman, you think of a cassette player? No offense, but it seems instead of a discussion, you like to depreciate people.

I just thought your post was funny...that's all. Relax.

And yes, when I hear walkman, I unquestionably think this...because this is what a walkman is:

walkman1_1436143i.jpg

iOS Gravity

Sep 24, 2013
Visit site

I just thought your post was funny...that's all. Relax.

And yes, when I hear walkman, I unquestionably think this...because this is what a walkman is:

http://i.telegraph.co.uk/multimedia/archive/01436/walkman1_1436143i.jpg

I used to have one for playing CD's back in '05. It's just surprising how far technology has gone in the past 10 years. It was just a couple of years ago everyone had those desktops with the insanely huge monitor...

Haalcyon

Jan 26, 2014
Visit site

Lol. When I see the word Walkman I think of this.

Attachments

• 1437599108220.jpg
    1437599108220.jpg
    24 KB · Views: 16

Closingracer

Sep 24, 2014
Visit site
Re: If you have a choice, would you prefer to have a replaceable battery and sd c...

Yup, I totally agree...cloud works like a charm when you sync your files routinely; I use the cloud too. For me, it's great to save files, but cumbersome to retrieve them as I need to login, I need to have data connection, plus I need to pay a monthly fee. SD card, like built in storage, I can retrieve the files whenever/whereever I like.

Plus your data isn't on a cloud that only is supported by an Apple product plus windows (iCloud). Google Drive, drop box and etc are OK but isn't as integrated with Apple products like iCloud is.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tre Lawrence

Apr 26, 2013
Visit site

I know this wasn't mentioned in the topic title, but USB on the go feature would be nice, at least for me.

Ditto. OTG functionality would be great.

I thought there is a way to replicate this on iOS?

RoCutler

Jan 16, 2014
Visit site

Agreed, I've found MicroSD cards become unreliable over time

Sammuel1973

Nov 23, 2013
Visit site

Agreed, I've found MicroSD cards become unreliable over time
From what I have read and base on my own experience, only a small portion of them become unreliable over time. If they can last me 2 years or more or until I get a new phone, they are worth it to me. I can then move it to my new phone.

That being said, if Apple is able to include the sd card on the side as a popout without sacrificing the aesthetic and quality of the phone, would you use that option?

iOS Gravity

Sep 24, 2013
Visit site

From what I have read and base on my own experience, only a small portion of them become unreliable over time. If they can last me 2 years or more or until I get a new phone, they are worth it to me. I can then move it to my new phone.

That being said, if Apple is able to include the sd card on the side as a popout without sacrificing the aesthetic and quality of the phone, would you use that option?

Everything in the iPhone fits in a tight space, none of which is wasted. To answer your "what if" question, Apple would have to make many changes to the OS and this also brings the possibility of viruses being loaded onto SD cards and infecting the iPhone in use. Apple would also consider the chances of a jailbreak being made possible through the usage of SD cards.

Haalcyon

Jan 26, 2014
Visit site

You're born in the 90's?? I remember portable cassette players as well

Oh. I've had cassettes before. Good ole CrO2, Metal, Dolby B & C Noise reduction, auto-reverse, 3-head monitoring. All the goodies. But the digital Walkmans are what I'm fond of.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2