Some people see no harm in rewinding cassette tapes with pencils either...lol. It's just funny that you want such an ancient tech function. It'd be like saying a VCR would be a nice feature.
    I prefer cassettes
    07-22-2015 02:27 PM
    Some people see no harm in rewinding cassette tapes with pencils either...lol. It's just funny that you want such an ancient tech function. It'd be like saying a VCR would be a nice feature.
    You never know when you might need a VCR. I still have a VCR and a bunch of tapes in my basement and I would like to watch some of them on the go.
    07-22-2015 02:35 PM
    So when you hear about Walkman, you think of a cassette player? No offense, but it seems instead of a discussion, you like to depreciate people.
    LewLew23 likes this.
    07-22-2015 04:18 PM
    So when you hear about Walkman, you think of a cassette player? No offense, but it seems instead of a discussion, you like to depreciate people.
    I just thought your post was funny...that's all. Relax.

And yes, when I hear walkman, I unquestionably think this...because this is what a walkman is:

Tartarus likes this.
    07-22-2015 04:20 PM
    I just thought your post was funny...that's all. Relax.

And yes, when I hear walkman, I unquestionably think this...because this is what a walkman is:

http://i.telegraph.co.uk/multimedia/...1_1436143i.jpg
    I used to have one for playing CD's back in '05. It's just surprising how far technology has gone in the past 10 years. It was just a couple of years ago everyone had those desktops with the insanely huge monitor...
    07-22-2015 04:40 PM
    Lol. When I see the word Walkman I think of this.
    Attached Thumbnails If you have a choice, would you prefer to have a replaceable battery and/or sd card option?-1437599108220.jpg  
    07-22-2015 05:05 PM
    I think of the app on Sony phones!
    07-22-2015 05:43 PM
    You're born in the 90's?? I remember portable cassette players as well
    07-22-2015 06:07 PM
    Yup, I totally agree...cloud works like a charm when you sync your files routinely; I use the cloud too. For me, it's great to save files, but cumbersome to retrieve them as I need to login, I need to have data connection, plus I need to pay a monthly fee. SD card, like built in storage, I can retrieve the files whenever/whereever I like.
    Plus your data isn't on a cloud that only is supported by an Apple product plus windows (iCloud). Google Drive, drop box and etc are OK but isn't as integrated with Apple products like iCloud is.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    07-22-2015 07:54 PM
    I know this wasn't mentioned in the topic title, but USB on the go feature would be nice, at least for me.
    Ditto. OTG functionality would be great.

I thought there is a way to replicate this on iOS?
    JanuarJaguar likes this.
    07-22-2015 09:00 PM
    Ditto. OTG functionality would be great.

I thought there is a way to replicate this on iOS?
    None that I know of.
    07-23-2015 12:01 AM
    Agreed, I've found MicroSD cards become unreliable over time
    07-23-2015 10:06 AM
    Hush now, don't poke the bears. But so true, though
    07-23-2015 10:16 AM
    All memory does, more or less.

I've learned to back mine up.
    07-23-2015 11:05 AM
    From what I have read and base on my own experience, only a small portion of them become unreliable over time. If they can last me 2 years or more or until I get a new phone, they are worth it to me. I can then move it to my new phone.

That being said, if Apple is able to include the sd card on the side as a popout without sacrificing the aesthetic and quality of the phone, would you use that option?
    07-23-2015 01:30 PM
    From what I have read and base on my own experience, only a small portion of them become unreliable over time. If they can last me 2 years or more or until I get a new phone, they are worth it to me. I can then move it to my new phone.

That being said, if Apple is able to include the sd card on the side as a popout without sacrificing the aesthetic and quality of the phone, would you use that option?
    Everything in the iPhone fits in a tight space, none of which is wasted. To answer your "what if" question, Apple would have to make many changes to the OS and this also brings the possibility of viruses being loaded onto SD cards and infecting the iPhone in use. Apple would also consider the chances of a jailbreak being made possible through the usage of SD cards.
    07-23-2015 03:53 PM
    You're born in the 90's?? I remember portable cassette players as well
    Oh. I've had cassettes before. Good ole CrO2, Metal, Dolby B & C Noise reduction, auto-reverse, 3-head monitoring. All the goodies. But the digital Walkmans are what I'm fond of.
    07-23-2015 07:59 PM
    I skipped those. Stopped listening music outdoors all together till a few years ago except for in my car
    07-23-2015 08:01 PM
    Neither. An extra battery is just another device that becomes a burden. I'd rarely need one, but I'd feel the constant need to keep it charged.

As for storage, nope - swapping storage is a pain, and if I have to pay for a big storage card, I might as well pay for the internal storage which is much more convenient.
    07-23-2015 09:52 PM
    I'd love to have both options. I have chargers everywhere but I'd like to be able to buy a new battery once the original stopped holding a charge. Also, the cost of tossing in a micro SD card is much cheaper than paying $100 to climb the storage ladder when it comes to the iPhone.
    21stNow and Sammuel1973 like this.
    07-23-2015 11:30 PM
    I would not want any of those options. Replacement of single components is important for tools that need to do their job for a long time, like a machine in a factory. A smartphone is obsolete after 1-3 years.

Whats the use of having a smartphone with sd expansion card and replaceable battery if the rest of the hardware is so outdated I cannot even get the latest software update any more?

And I definitely would not like to fumble around with another tiny card - I am looking forward to the end of the sim card.

Yes, a phone with 128 GB is more expensive than one with 16 GB and an expansion card. But I can also sell it for a higher price.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    07-24-2015 04:49 AM
    i'd say battery replacement....
    07-24-2015 07:01 AM
    Why do I get the distinct impression that I have wandered onto a SanDisk or Samsung sponsored forum?
    I was going to say my GS 3 corrupted several of those vaunted 'high end' sandisk and Samsung cards. So did my S4. There won't be an S5 or S6 to give it another chance.

Sent from my iPad Air using Tapatalk
    07-25-2015 08:24 PM
    I like the phone the way it is battery that's not removable! All u do it hold the home and side button to do like you'd take out the battery on androids!!
    07-27-2015 08:22 PM
    I do partially regret picking up the 16GB model but don't care about SD card as most things are stored in the cloud and with Apple Music I can take my music anywhere with me.

I came from Android and the adjustment wasn't difficult at all really. The pros far outweighed the cons for me and to this day I still have no complaints other than restricted storage. If I'd have gone for the next model up though I wouldn't be having an issue so I'll know for future now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Sammuel1973 likes this.
    07-29-2015 04:51 PM
154 ... 4567