Apple realy does set the bar!!!

C.K400

Feb 28, 2015
Visit site
Just wanted to share my experience today. I dropped my 128gb iPhone 6 plus the other day and cracked the screen! It was totally my fault. I had a next to nothing case on it and a feather glass from MIME. It was not enough protection obviously LOL. So I went to the closest apple store witch is 2 hours away in Dallas Tx to just be a walk in and was ready to pay the 129$ plus tax for my screen replacement. The guy looked at it and said there is no damage to the casing just the one line crack on the corner of the screen and deemed it a hairline crack and warrantied it at no cost!! I reiterated the fact that I dropped it and it was my fault and he did it anyway. So I was very thankful. Just wanted to share this because it was fixed within one hour and I only waited for 15 minutes to be helped. Northpark store. Only cost me my gas and dinner at the cheese cake factory with the wife and kiddo. NO ONE CAN BEAT THAT TYPE OF CUSTOMER SERVICE!!!!!:yes::yes:

Closingracer

Sep 24, 2014
Visit site
Just wanted to share my experience today. I dropped my 128gb iPhone 6 plus the other day and cracked the screen! It was totally my fault. I had a next to nothing case on it and a feather glass from MIME. It was not enough protection obviously LOL. So I went to the closest apple store witch is 2 hours away in Dallas Tx to just be a walk in and was ready to pay the 129$ plus tax for my screen replacement. The guy looked at it and said there is no damage to the casing just the one line crack on the corner of the screen and deemed it a hairline crack and warrantied it at no cost!! I reiterated the fact that I dropped it and it was my fault and he did it anyway. So I was very thankful. Just wanted to share this because it was fixed within one hour and I only waited for 15 minutes to be helped. Northpark store. Only cost me my gas and dinner at the cheese cake factory with the wife and kiddo. NO ONE CAN BEAT THAT TYPE OF CUSTOMER SERVICE!!!!!:yes::yes:

Yeah .. From what I've read Apple gives their customer service people decent leeway on how they can solve issues. Great that he did that for you because you could of easily gotten somebody on his or her bad day and would of said no would have to pay for it

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

IAmSixNine

Oct 10, 2011
Visit site
It also shows that being honest can sometimes pay. I applaud the OP for being honest when he told them it was his fault.

hearmeoutx

Dec 9, 2010
Visit site
I find that as long as you are honest with Apple, they almost always work with you if they are able to. I watched someone trip with their brand new iPhone 6+ walking into the Apple store, shattering the screen. The manager immediately assured him that they would replace it at no cost to him.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

C.K400

Feb 28, 2015
Visit site
Ya, I really went in there knowing it was gonna cost me. But was really Happy with the outcome. Works great too!

chrisforpm

Apr 16, 2014
Visit site
It's stories like these that show just how incredible Apple customer service really is. The fact that they take that extra step is what sets them apart. Not to knock any other phone maker, but how often do you hear stories like these about Samsung, LG or Motorola? Or any other company in general? There are very few.

SprSynJn

Jun 27, 2013
Visit site
It also shows that being honest can sometimes pay. I applaud the OP for being honest when he told them it was his fault.

Just out of mere curiosity, how does one lie about a cracked screen? Have there been reports of them cracking on their own? Does  replace them for free if someone else breaks them?

IAmSixNine

Oct 10, 2011
Visit site
A bad battery can and will crack a screen. Its rare but happens.
People dont want to spend money. So yes some people will claim its a warranty issue because it magically cracked. But look closer and you can see physical damage on the edges or something.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
Back in like 2007 or '08, my niece spilled a Sprite on my Macbook's keyboard. It fried the sh*t out of it. The computer worked for a few days (not very well, but still worked sort of), and then one day the keyboard just stopped working all together (track pad too). I was so irritated because I just knew I was about to have to pay for a new logic board and considered just buying a new Macbook.

Took it in to get an estimate on the damage...and told the genius exactly what happened. He took it back to the back room, came back out and said "Come back in a few hours..." They replaced the logic board on it, keyboard bezel AND the screen bezel (something I didn't even ask for), and didn't charge me a dime. The guy said "Thanks for coming in!" and just had me sign the service order.

This kind of story resonates throughout history in terms of Apple's customer service. It's TOP of the totem pole.

T1ck_T0ck

Mar 14, 2014
Visit site
I can think of 4 instances of where Apple Customer Support has been a phenomenal for me. I cannot imagine ever leaving Apple.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

aslondon

Feb 28, 2011
Visit site
I had a unibody Macbook that was having some charging issues that the local independent MAC authorized service center said would require a new mother board. This machine was several years out of warranty. The phone Applecare rep suggested I call Apple corporate and plead my case because he didn't have the latitude to help me any further than he did. I called them and after a little negotiating we agreed that they'd overnight the part to the original service center and I'd pay the labor. What a deal!!! You can't beat that kind of customer service and their loyalty to their customers. I'm sold.

Al

anon(52425)

Mar 1, 2009
Visit site
Apple is totally awesome. I took my 5S in early last year for a charging port issue. The genius dropped my phone after I handed it to him and it shattered the screen. Obviously I knew they would be replacing the phone but on top of that, I was given a... I **** you not, 175 dollar gift card and choice of free case. I have and always will be an apple fan but they put my opinion about Apple over the top.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner