Device Switching

Mar 7, 2012
Visit site
Good evening,

I have to take my 6 Plus into my local Apple Store tomorrow to replace it with another; my rear camera seems to have lost its ability to focus. Close up, it's focused but not up to infinite. Everything distant is blurry.

I am wondering which is the best software to use so that I can copy all data onto a PC, replace the device and then download the data back onto the new device as if nothing has changed. I forget what the term is called… mirroring?

Anyway. Thanks for the help!

Ariel Babalao

May 8, 2014
Visit site
iTunes backup
Install iTunes into your computer, connect your iPhone to your computer, run iTunes, select your iPhone in the iTunes window, and perform a backup.
When you get your new iPhone, you will connect it to your computer, open up iTunes, click on the iPhone in iTunes windows and click on restore backup.
After backup restore is done, everything will be like it is in your iPhone now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
iTunes...sync to make sure apps and media are all coordinated between the old phone and computer... Then backup the old phone to iTunes... Then sync the new phone and restore the backup... The folks at the AppleStore will be able to help you do a restore from an iCloud backup.

Peligro911

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
iCloud make sure before you take your phone in make your phone do a iCloud backup then when you setup new phone just log in with your apple id and restore from iCloud backup and your done.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sting7k

Dec 15, 2008
Visit site
Good evening,

I have to take my 6 Plus into my local Apple Store tomorrow to replace it with another; my rear camera seems to have lost its ability to focus. Close up, it's focused but not up to infinite. Everything distant is blurry.

I am wondering which is the best software to use so that I can copy all data onto a PC, replace the device and then download the data back onto the new device as if nothing has changed. I forget what the term is called… mirroring?

Anyway. Thanks for the help!

Use iCloud backup. Apple can restore the replacement phone with your previous backup right there in the store and you walk out ready to go.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Do both iTunes and an iCloud back up. The iCloud back up should already be there unless you disabled it or never plugged it in while it's asleep.

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2