Hello everyone, I am currently experiencing low call volume on this device. I have tried turning off noise cancellation, resetting phone with 10 second rule, tried plugging in headphones and unplugging them thinking that had something to do with it, and made sure the plastic screen protector is removed. This problem still exist and the volume is low any help is appreciated. Thanks
    KAY ATCHISON likes this.
    06-26-2015 08:39 PM
    Do you have a case or a screen protector on the iPhone? If so, is could either or both be covering the ear speaker at the top? If not, and if you've tried increasing the volume while on a call but it is still "low" then I recommend you make a s Genius Bar appointment with the nearest Apple Store to have them diagnose the problem for you. I assume you don't have ear-related problems.
    06-26-2015 09:15 PM
    There's nothing covering the ear speaker at the top. I am hard of hearing but it shouldn't seem to be this low. I've never had problems on other phones .
    KAY ATCHISON likes this.
    06-26-2015 09:38 PM
    Any other suggestions
    06-26-2015 11:38 PM
    There's nothing covering the ear speaker at the top. I am hard of hearing but it shouldn't seem to be this low. I've never had problems on other phones .
    So is it the button speaker are you referring too? If so, try playing a song with your music player, while it plays, go to settings> music> volume limit/ in there switch on and off the volume limit, then press the volume button on the side of the iPhone to increase the volume.
    In case the volume limit on/off button is grey out, then it means that I have been restricted in restrictions setting otherwise you should be able to trigger the maximum of the iPhone volume there. If it still fail, do a backup of your iPhone and then factory restore it, and before you restore your back up, try playing a song to see it the volume of the speaker is better or not, if still not good, then you might have a defective speaker.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    06-27-2015 12:33 AM
    Ariel I'm refurring to the earpiece speaker its low in calls
    06-27-2015 12:45 AM
    Ok, do the same music trick I describe above. The volume limitation was originally design for the ear piece speaker anyway.
    Also you can try (if possible) to use another earpiece speaker to check if there is a difference in sound as well while on a phone call, and like @Just_Me_D suggested, try increasing the volume while on a call with the ear piece plug into the iPhone.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    06-27-2015 12:54 AM
    im starting to think its a software thing honestly. i tried those suggestions to no change. it doesnt seem like a hardware issue to me though.
    06-27-2015 01:29 AM
    I thought I was the only one having this issue, I'm having the same issue with my Iphone 6...voices sound real flat and the volume is turned all the way up(no plastic cover)..can barely hear anything especially if you are in car..I've asked a few friends with the new Iphone and they have no issue..my guess it's the speaker they have put into these models..haven't made it to the Apple store yet..until than I am currently using my Iphone 5.
    07-27-2015 11:28 AM
    Im having the same problem earpiece volume turned up but its low on calls have to use speaker or headset tried all the settings None of them fixed the problem at&t told me to use my warranty to get it fixed before my 1is out... Guess i'll have to
    08-25-2015 05:40 PM
    im starting to think its a software thing honestly. i tried those suggestions to no change. it doesnt seem like a hardware issue to me though.
    My 6+ works perfectly in terms of ear piece volume...you should probably schedule a genius bar appointment to have it repaired/replaced. It's definitely not a software "issue".
    08-26-2015 01:02 AM
    I find that the sound from an iPhone doesn't project well in my car. I have to remind the kids to be quiet when I need to hear the gps.

Couple of things that could help:
    - put the phone in a cup holder with speaker in the cup. It projects out of the cup.
    - get a Bluetooth speaker. I use the new UE Roll. Pricey but really works in situations like this.

Settings -> Music - Playback
    - Try different EQ settings
    - Try turning volume limit Off
    - Try turning Sound Check Off or On

Cheers
    08-26-2015 08:54 AM
    This happened to me. After searching the forums I found a suggestion that worked for me. Take a toothbrush and clean the earpiece speaker. Mine had dust or debris of some type. After I did this the earpiece speaker was very loud again
    08-29-2015 09:40 PM
    This happened to me. After searching the forums I found a suggestion that worked for me. Take a toothbrush and clean the earpiece speaker. Mine had dust or debris of some type. After I did this the earpiece speaker was very loud again
    My friend just did this same thing. It really made a huge difference. I was helping her figure out the whole volume loss problem and this was the last thing we could think of. Good luck. This can be a really annoying problem especially if you have some level of hearing loss.
    catos94 likes this.
    09-02-2015 12:01 AM
    Toothbrush to the ear section of the Iphone6 plus worked for me! Hopefully this helps anyone else out there looking for a solution.
    ZOE X likes this.
    01-10-2016 03:19 PM
    03-25-2016 03:16 PM
    Best advise ever.. CLEAN UR EARPEICE.. use a q-tip or toothbrush... Works every time.. All this nonsense with setting and all the b.s most of you guys are suggesting has nothing to do with headset volume issues.. Only the volume up or down will fix
    03-25-2016 03:18 PM