What's good imore,

I've been having issues with backing up to iCloud from my WI FI. I plug my device into a power source then go to my settings iCloud back up, then check on backup. It does its thing for a few seconds then I lock my phone then when I unlock my phone and check, it says " couldn't be backed up".
    I have also made sure I have enough space on my iCloud storage which is 190Gb.
    Any help people? No idea what I'm doing wrong, oh and I'm running the latest IOS version which is 8.3

Sent from my iPhone 6plus using Tapatalk
    06-24-2015 06:16 PM
    You don't appear to be doing anything wrong. It's possible that Apple could be experiencing issues on their end or it could be something as simple as the device, Wi-Fi router and cable/dsl modem needing a reboot. You can also try resetting the 'network settings'.
    Thanks man. I'll rest my router and check wether that works.

06-24-2015 06:19 PM
    I've had this issue in the past. I had to delete the last backup that was on iCloud and all went well from there.

FYI, your phone doesn't necessarily have to be plugged in when you manually go in to backup to iCloud.
    06-24-2015 06:42 PM
    What's good imore,

I've been having issues with backing up to iCloud from my WI FI. I plug my device into a power source then go to my settings iCloud back up, then check on backup. It does its thing for a few seconds then I lock my phone then when I unlock my phone and check, it says " couldn't be backed up".
    I have also made sure I have enough space on my iCloud storage which is 190Gb.
    Any help people? No idea what I'm doing wrong, oh and I'm running the latest IOS version which is 8.3

You don't appear to be doing anything wrong. It's possible that Apple could be experiencing issues on their end or it could be something as simple as the device, Wi-Fi router and cable/dsl modem needing a reboot. You can also try resetting the 'network settings'.
    06-24-2015 06:57 PM
    Thanks man. I'll rest my router and check wether that works.

You're very welcome, sir...
    06-24-2015 06:59 PM
    When I upgraded from my iPhone 4 to my 5, it showed both phones in iCloud back up. I wasn't sure, then, what to do. So I just deleted the 4 back up. It gave me about 800 more mb of iCloud storage.
    Sekelani Zwambila likes this.
    06-24-2015 07:26 PM
    Ok guys.......I turned my WI FI off then on.
    My iPhone still won't back up to iCloud.
    I don't know what to do

06-25-2015 06:22 PM
    I'm having similar issues but I'm on the iOS 9 beta 1. When I went to ensure it was backed up before doing beta 2, I noticed that it hasn't been backed up since 6/8. Not sure what the deal is and my iPad (which is on 8.4) is having no problems backing up. I'm probably going to restore as new but life is a bit crazy at the moment so I'm waiting until I have time to reinstall all my apps.
    06-25-2015 06:50 PM
    Ok guys.......I turned my WI FI off then on.
    My iPhone still won't back up to iCloud.
    I don't know what to do

Did you try my option?
    06-25-2015 07:35 PM
    Did you try my option?
    At least for me I can't see the last backup I had. I know there is one just based on the iCloud space I have available and what it says I've used doesn't add up. But it's not visible so I can't delete it.
    06-25-2015 08:54 PM
    A
    At least for me I can't see the last backup I had. I know there is one just based on the iCloud space I have available and what it says I've used doesn't add up. But it's not visible so I can't delete it.
    So when you go into "Manage Storage" it doesn't show your backups?
    06-25-2015 09:38 PM
    A
    So when you go into "Manage Storage" it doesn't show your backups?
    It shows my iPad backup. But not the iPhone backup that I did right before installing the beta and used to restore after installing the beta. And I can't see the iPhone backup from the iPad (which is still on 8.4) either. Just weird. But that missing backup is definitely taking up space in my iCloud storage. I'll figure it out or restore as new. Just need to find the time.
    06-25-2015 10:03 PM
    Did you try my option?
    Yep and nothing.

06-26-2015 01:47 AM
    It was really weird. I couldn't do iTunes backups either. They always failed with an unknown error. In order to get iCloud backup to work, I ended up going to DFU mode, restoring to 8.3. At that point I could see the old iPhone backup. I deleted it and then the iCloud backup started working.
    Sekelani Zwambila likes this.
    06-29-2015 04:51 PM
    I updated back to iOS 9 beta 2 and I again cannot do a iCloud backup.
    06-29-2015 09:55 PM