Case or naked

Jzamora1978

Feb 4, 2013
Visit site
Hello everyone. I know there have been threads about this before but I want to get some new views on this subject. I keep going back and forth between having my 6 plus in a case and going naked. I really like the phone with no case but get a little worried. Anyone here gone ceaseless since you got the phone? Or always have a case on it?

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I'm in agreement with the comment above. Having said that, my iPhone 6 Plus is case-less, but You need to decide for yourself whether to go with or without a case. It's your phone.

Bigeric23

Aug 17, 2010
Visit site
If you drop things all the time, use a case. If you don't drop things all the time, go naked. . . . Either way, have AppleCare+.

carraser891

Mar 20, 2013
Visit site
No offense but why are you so condescending? I agree the OP should have done some research but why not just tell him without the sarcastic tone and dots...

Smply_Rckless

Nov 10, 2014
Visit site
I usually switch it depending on my mood or what I'm doing. If I'm going to the gym, I'll keep the case on but if at home or sitting on my deck something in the terms of relaxing I'll go naked.

Tapatalk'n On The IPhone 6 Plus 

21stNow

Aug 12, 2013
Visit site
No offense but why are you so condescending? I agree the OP should have done some research but why not just tell him without the sarcastic tone and dots...

Because this question is asked time and time again. No new things have come up in phone protection since the iPhone 6 Plus launched that would give different answers today versus the answers that were given in September 2014.

Even going back over 20 years to a time when phones first came out of the bags that held them and their batteries, there haven't been significant changes to the case/no case argument. Screen protectors and phone skins only go so far in protecting a phone.

Pros for using a case:
1. It protects the phone in the event of a fall
2. It adds to the ability to grip or hold the phone
3. It protects the phone from nicks and scratches in day-to-day use and storage
4. It makes a fashion statement
5. It helps to distinguish your phone from others if several phones are placed on a table.

Cons for using a case:
1. It adds bulk to the phone
2. It hides the look and beauty of the phone
3. The case may get in the way of the speakers/mic/camera if it has a loose fit
4. The additional cost.

I'm sure that I left some out. However, these answers haven't changed since the Motorola StarTac was the most popular phone to have.

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
I'm getting a case if nothing more than to add "GRIP". The iPhone 6/6Plus are VERY slippery. The Apple Leather cases add a decent amount of grip and are low profile not to mention they also look GREAT. Just my .02 cents.

Not Quite Right

Trusted Member
May 11, 2013
Visit site
You seriously can't figure out why a subject matter that was discussed to ad nauseam years ago would garner this type of reaction? ... :rolleyes:

Pcmx

Jun 18, 2015
Visit site
The only time I ever seem to drop a phone is when it's naked, so I tend to use a tpu case now if I can. Better to me if it's translucent so I can still see the design features of the phone :)

sandman2000

Dec 5, 2013
Visit site
I had a clear case for my iphone 4S, but even the feeling of holding the phone with the case is different than without it. I kept the case though because I drop my phone a lot. Took it off only 6 months before replacing the phone.

Miska Hietala

Aug 25, 2014
Visit site
I have had the Adidas hard case for a month now. Took the phone off from it yesterday and saw there was very tiny stones gotten between the case and the phone. No need to say but they caused small dents to the metal body of the phone. Now not sure should I return the case or was it "working as intended " lol.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
One advantage of using a case 99% of the time is when I remove it to clean the screens, it looks like a brand new iPhone 5. No marks, scratches or scuffs. I get to admire it for a few minutes. It's like having a treat. I have only removed my Otterbox Defender 4 times in 22 months.

worldspy99

Trusted Member
Jul 11, 2014
Visit site
One advantage of using a case 99% of the time is when I remove it to clean the screens, it looks like a brand new iPhone 5. No marks, scratches or scuffs. I get to admire it for a few minutes. It's like having a treat. I have only removed my Otterbox Defender 4 times in 22 months.

The one big advantage of having a really good case and screen protector is that if you decide every September to get a new iPhone then just remove the case and protector, give the phone a good clean alcohol wipe and list it as being in mint condition on the Marketplace here or on Swappa and get a good resale value to help fund the next iPhone purchase:)

bamf-hacker

Apple Watch and AirPod Champion, Ambassador
Champion
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
Depends on the mood... Sometimes naked, sometimes in an Apple leather case, sometimes in a Spigen Neo Hybrid case...

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
forwardsmychoice