Case or naked

jpgti

Apr 7, 2015
Visit site
Apple leather case is the best of both worlds IMO. You get some protection and better grip, yet you still see the profile so it doesn't hide all of that awesome looking phone. I did drop my 6+ in a leather case. The leather on the case was trashed but the phone survived without a mark on it.

bamf-hacker

Apple Watch and AirPod Champion, Ambassador
Champion
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
Used a Mophie case while on vacation and it was like I had a brick in my pocket. Glad to be back to my thin case now that I am home.

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
After my phone droped down, i will never let it be naked :crying:

That's all it takes, "THE FIRST DROP" and then it seems like the dings/dents just keep coming...LOL
I would rather replace a $50 case than a $1,000 iPhone any day of the week....Just my .02 cents

finn5975

Banned
Sep 13, 2012
Visit site
I prefer the Apple leather case over going naked, and over all other cases I have since tried. My main goal of a case is to protect against daily scratches and scuffs vs drop protection, and the Apple leather case handles this perfectly.

I think the iPhone is a magnificently beautiful device. I could never, ever cover it in something huge like an Otterbox Defender. I would feel guilty turning something so svelte and tastefully designed into a cinder block lol.

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
I prefer the Apple leather case over going naked, and over all other cases I have since tried. My main goal of a case is to protect against daily scratches and scuffs vs drop protection, and the Apple leather case handles this perfectly.

I think the iPhone is a magnificently beautiful device. I could never, ever cover it in something huge like an Otterbox Defender. I would feel guilty turning something so svelte and tastefully designed into a cinder block lol.

I TOTALLY agree with this post.

blackmagicwoman

Trusted Member
Sep 6, 2013
Visit site
I tried going ceaseless. The outcome was not very good. I had 3 different cases but they were all too bulky for me. After she flipped down 3 concrete stairs I was so afraid to pick it up from its face down position. Well we know how the story ends. Off to the Apple Store we go. ............... Money in hand to purchase new screen. Walked out with new phone. The rest is history. Money still in hand. Great experience.

veritas_vincit

Jun 20, 2012
Visit site
In my experience, going caseless is dangerous. I'd seen it fall from my hands and brake the front screen. Since then I always use a case. I'm using the Otterbox Symmetry. I'd dropped it by accident several times and still works and no scratches.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site

I'm always amazed at the requests for the iPhone to be thin and light, but then discover the same requesting people placing it inside a 'cinder block', as you've called it...;)

Shawn Schrader

Jun 30, 2014
Visit site
cinder block is better then a shatter glass and scuffed up beyond belief block. (made more sense in my head but ya ) i gave up on trying find a good decent tuff heavy duty case. im using one i bought its spigen i dunno what its call though its the plastic one not the metal.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Always a case. Historically, I've always used an Otterbox Defender. I've loved it on my 5. The Apple leather looks nice, but I want more protection when I upgrade in September to the 6s Plus. Be my luck the one time I don't use adequate protection, I drop it.

digbel

Aug 11, 2015
Visit site
I've ever had case, I mjst be more careful than most people but I havent dropped it taht many times, just a couple from a metre high and on carpet or something so nothing happened..

pat74

Aug 2, 2015
Visit site
If I'm home and relaxing I will take it out of the case but I mainly have some type of case on it. It's too awesome to mess around and accidentally break it.

anon(27512)

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
Hello everyone. I know there have been threads about this before but I want to get some new views on this subject. I keep going back and forth between having my 6 plus in a case and going naked. I really like the phone with no case but get a little worried. Anyone here gone ceaseless since you got the phone? Or always have a case on it?

I think I don't worry about my phone because I have Apple Care+ on all my devices. So if something bad does happen I just go to the store and pay the deduct and leave with a new phone.

That said I do have a huge case collection-one I hope fits the upcoming S model...That I use to change the look of my iPhone. Example I have the various silicone cases Apple sells went I want my iPhone to be red or blue or whatever. But then I have useful cases like when I'm going to a con, like my Mophie juice pack. I also have an otter box in case I want to go to a concert with a mosh pit. But more often than not my iPhone is naked and I get to enjoy it the way it was intended. :)

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR