Depends on what your needs are. Expect the next version to come out late September or early October. If you're not up at launch time you will get a back ordered phone and have to wait longer.

Personally if it were up to me I would wait but I can torture myself to get something that is worth the wait. I ran my iPhone 4s exactly 3 years to get off of the S model year and it was well worth it. I will tell you though it was torturous with the 4s toward the end on both speed and battery life but I made it and so can you.
    06-26-2015 08:12 PM

Go for it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    06-26-2015 08:48 PM
    If you can wait, wait. If you can get one now and another later, do it!
    Haalcyon likes this.
    06-27-2015 02:16 PM
    I am waiting until September for the next one. That's only three months away.

I can't tell you what you should do but that's what I'm doing.
    Eh unless your'e dedicated to get an iPhone 6S plus or 6S your'e not going to get the new one until Late October/early November if you pre-order it and not at 3 AM EST or perhaps even later as a walk in*. As a walk in i didn't see a steady stock of iPhone 6/6 Plus until January or so. If you like the 6 Plus I say get it now unless you can wait that long.

* Back in November when i was changing carriers one Bestbuy happened to have an iPhone 6 Plus but only for Verizon 64GB in Space Gray. I wanted either a gold/Sliver one or the Note 4.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    07-11-2015 08:18 PM
    I'd wait for the 6s. It's soon to come. A few more months and you have the latest and greatest

Sent from my iPhone 6 plus using Tapatalk
    07-12-2015 01:02 AM
    Eh unless your'e dedicated to get an iPhone 6S plus or 6S your'e not going to get the new one until Late October/early November if you pre-order it and not at 3 AM EST or perhaps even later as a walk in*. As a walk in i didn't see a steady stock of iPhone 6/6 Plus until January or so. If you like the 6 Plus I say get it now unless you can wait that long.

* Back in November when i was changing carriers one Bestbuy happened to have an iPhone 6 Plus but only for Verizon 64GB in Space Gray. I wanted either a gold/Sliver one or the Note 4.

I always get all my iPhones on release day. Order online and arrives on release day.
    Zero drama.

Sent from my gorgeous sexy white BEAST of a Note 4 ❤
    EmceeGeek likes this.
    07-12-2015 08:48 PM
    Every phone forum seems to get the same question. I have always thought that you should wait only if what is currently available does not satisfy your needs in a phone. There will constantly be an "upgrade" to whatever phone you have that's "coming soon".
    07-12-2015 09:10 PM
    Few more months, I say wait it out.
    07-12-2015 09:32 PM
    I always get all my iPhones on release day. Order online and arrives on release day.
    Zero drama.

Sent from my gorgeous sexy white BEAST of a Note 4
    That requires being up at 3AM

As before not everybody wants to be up at 3AM

07-12-2015 10:42 PM
    That requires being up at 3AM

As before not everybody wants to be up at 3AM

Who's talking about "everybody"? I said I always get my phones on release day. I'm not making you do it. I already know your time is ever so precious.

Sent from my GORGEOUS, SEXY, AWESOME Gold 128G iPhone 6
    07-13-2015 04:26 AM
    Who's talking about "everybody"? I said I always get my phones on release day. I'm not making you do it. I already know your time is ever so precious.

As I said before unless you want to be up at 3AM to pre order you're likely not getting an iPhone at launch.

So once again if you don't want to stay up until 3 AM EST or 12 AM PST your going to wait a few weeks to a few months on getting that new iPhone.

I was actually looking to get an iPhone 6 plus at launch and the website(Apple) and T-mobile website didn't work for me to pre order one

07-13-2015 07:31 AM
    As I said before unless you want to be up at 3AM to pre order you're likely not getting an iPhone at launch.

So once again if you don't want to stay up until 3 AM EST or 12 AM PST your going to wait a few weeks to a few months on getting that new iPhone.

I was actually looking to get an iPhone 6 plus at launch and the website(Apple) and T-mobile website didn't work for me to pre order one

As I said before I will order my phone online as soon as it's available and I'll have it on launch day. If it's 3 am I will order at 3 am. If it's 2 am I will order at 2 am. If it's 11 am I will order at 11 am. If it's noon I will order at noon. And I will sit in my living room waiting for the FedEx truck to deliver me my phone exactly when Apple said I would get it.
    Each year since 2011. Same thing.

Is this the latest theme you're going to cause drama over?

07-13-2015 07:43 AM
    As I said before I will order my phone online as soon as it's available and I'll have it on launch day. If it's 3 am I will order at 3 am. If it's 2 am I will order at 2 am. If it's 11 am I will order at 11 am. If it's noon I will order at noon. And I will sit in my living room waiting for the FedEx truck to deliver me my phone exactly when Apple said I would get it.
    Each year since 2011. Same thing.

Is this the latest theme you're going to cause drama over?

That's good for you? IDC that you want to stay up for a phone. So congratulations you stay up until whatever time zone you live in and pre order the phone. Congratulations you stay at home all day and wait for Fed Ex. That good enough for you?Not everybody can be up at 12AM-3AM to pre order a phone which it just is a phone. So unless the OP wants to be up at that time he ISN'T getting an iPhone at launch unless he wants to stand in line. He would get it between a few weeks up to a month or two

07-13-2015 07:48 AM
    That's good for you? IDC that you want to stay up for a phone. So congratulations you stay up until whatever time zone you live in and pre order the phone. Congratulations you stay at home all day and wait for Fed Ex. That good enough for you?Not everybody can be up at 12AM-3AM to pre order a phone which it just is a phone. So unless the OP wants to be up at that time he ISN'T getting an iPhone at launch unless he wants to stand in line. He would get it between a few weeks up to a month or two

LOL!!! I can work from home any day I choose and on that day I have to be at my computer so it's not a big deal.

In my life I've spent plenty of nights out and gone to bed past 3 am so it's no big deal.

I often stay up late reading. No big deal.

So yup....it's perfect for me. Either stay up until 3 am OR set the alarm for 3am. It's good for me. No big deal.

And as I said, I'm not telling anyone what to do. I merely said what I was doing.

I am waiting until September for the next one. That's only three months away.

I can't tell you what you should do but that's what I'm doing.

But you're welcome to continue to obsess over everything I say.

07-13-2015 08:14 AM
    LOL!!! I can work from home any day I choose and on that day I have to be at my computer so it's not a big deal.

In my life I've spent plenty of nights out and gone to bed past 3 am so it's no big deal.

I often stay up late reading. No big deal.

So yup....it's perfect for me. Either stay up until 3 am OR set the alarm for 3am. It's good for me. No big deal.

And as I said, I'm not telling anyone what to do. I merely said what I was doing.

But you're welcome to continue to obsess over everything I say.

Congratulations to you? And as I said before unless the OP wants to be up at 3AM he isn't getting it

07-13-2015 08:16 AM
    Congratulations to you? And as I said before unless the OP wants to be up at 3AM he isn't getting it

Tell me where I said the OP should do anything.

Go ahead.

07-13-2015 08:20 AM
    TBH, if you're excited by the iPhone (and many are). Getting up in the middle of the night once-a-year to ensure you get one sooner rather than later seems so trivial as to be almost not worth mentioning. Which is why so so many of us not only do that but also stand in line. I would rather do than than wait additional months but that's me and may not be the OP.
    qbnkelt likes this.
    07-13-2015 09:47 AM
    TBH, if you're excited by the iPhone (and many are). Getting up in the middle of the night once-a-year to ensure you get one sooner rather than later seems so trivial as to be almost not worth mentioning. Which is why so so many of us not only do that but also stand in line. I would rather do than than wait additional months but that's me and may not be the OP.
    Of course it's trivial. Closingracer has a habit of bringing in inane points. Such as the population of Manhattan in a thread discussing Apple customer service.

So....if the OP wishes to stay up late, it's the OP who decides that. If he wishes to wait until he can walk into a store, it's the OP who decides that.

I'll be ordering the instant I can. It's only three months away and I can wait that long to get my 6s Plus. I'm not saying the OP should. I'm saying I will.

07-13-2015 09:58 AM
    I would say wait for the new one, except... Consider the source:

-I ordered my 6 online and went to the camp out for fun, got my phone on September 19 at 10 am
    -Within less than 6 months I decided it was too small, so I decided that next release I would get the Plus
    -10 minutes after making that decision I was at the Apple store buying a Plus.

Sooooooooo... Get a plus now and upgrade in September, lol.

... And so effin what, if some of us like to order or phones at any given time of the day or night? I'm getting the feeling that some here like to spew sour grapes just because that's the only thing they have to their name. LOL.
    07-13-2015 03:45 PM
    OK so question... With regards to pre-ordering the new iPhone (whatever the time maybe) for release day, do they offer the unlocked version, or just carrier locked?
    07-15-2015 01:50 PM
    I'd get the 6+ now, and then use it till the 7 comes out. That way if you keep your phone for two years, you're not on the S cycle.

I admit we don't know much about the 7, except that it will be thinner and have three or for gigs of ram...
    07-15-2015 02:22 PM
    I was in the same dilemma you are in, I ended up getting the 64 GB 6+ a little less than 2 weeks ago and I couldn't be happier. But then again my choice was also influenced by having an iPhone 5 that's three years old with a totally destroyed screen and only the home button worked.
    07-15-2015 08:07 PM
    I'd get the 6+ now, and then use it till the 7 comes out. That way if you keep your phone for two years, you're not on the S cycle.

I admit we don't know much about the 7, except that it will be thinner and have three or for gigs of ram...
    I could almost guarantee it won't have 3-4 GB of RAM. Apple isn't following that race at all. I would say it will have 2GB of RAM though and a three core CPU unless they want to keep that for the A#X CPU

07-16-2015 03:07 AM
    OK so question... With regards to pre-ordering the new iPhone (whatever the time maybe) for release day, do they offer the unlocked version, or just carrier locked?
    I've don't remember ever seeing the carrier unlocked version come out on launch day. That generally follows a few weeks afterwards. I think it was November last year.

07-16-2015 04:17 AM
    I've don't remember ever seeing the carrier unlocked version come out on launch day. That generally follows a few weeks afterwards. I think it was November last year.

I don't recall seeing an unlocked version on launch day, either... but the T-Mobile version is unlocked and will be available on launch day along with devices for other carriers. Of course, if you are not a TMO customer, you cannot take advantage of their new device financing plan. Of course, if you are looking for an unlocked device, you are most likely paying full price anyway.
    07-16-2015 09:54 AM
51 123