6+ on verizon edge plan

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
This is from the Verizon site. Looks like they have changed it a little.

Lines with an active Edge Agreement on the MORE Everything Plan receive an offset credit on monthly access charges:

For active Edge smartphone lines on MORE Everything Plans up to 4 GB, your monthly access charge is $25. However, it will show up on your bill as a $40 charge with an offsetting $15 credit.

For active Edge smartphone lines on MORE Everything Plans 6 GB and higher, your monthly access charge is $15. However, it will show up on your bill as a $40 charge with an offsetting $25 credit.

For active Edge basic phone lines on the MORE Everything Plan, your monthly access charge is $20. However, it will show up on your bill as a $30 charge with an offsetting $10 credit.

Sent from my iPhone 6 Plus using Tapatalk

See, that's where the confusion comes in. Seems it would be better just to say, " It's $15 per line.", and leave it at that. "It will show as $40 on your bill, but then you get a credit for $25." is nuts. They should just set a price per line and leave it at that. See, after reading what you said, I still don't know how I would come out. I just started the 10gb MEP this month. It was 8gb.

cwbcpa

Trusted Member
Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
Ok. Here is how mine breaks down. If I bought my 64gb 6 plus on a 2 year agreement I would pay $400 upfront for the phone plus a $35 activation fee plus my month service at $40 per month x 24 months. Total is $1,395.

Under the edge plan I pay the total cost of the phone $850 over 24 months plus the cost of service at $15 per month. Total cost is $1210.

That's a savings of $185 over two years.

The $80 per month for the 10gb more everything plan is the same regardless of the route you take.

Sent from my iPhone 6 Plus using Tapatalk

21stNow

Aug 12, 2013
Visit site
My issue with the whole Verizon Wireless model is that you only get the discount if you use the Edge program. In my opinion, the discount should be available for customers who bring their own devices or pay the full price upfront. AT&T offers the per line discounts to Next, full price and BYOD customers, as does T-Mobile.

SwitchBeach

Sep 2, 2013
Visit site
My issue with the whole Verizon Wireless model is that you only get the discount if you use the Edge program. In my opinion, the discount should be available for customers who bring their own devices or pay the full price upfront. AT&T offers the per line discounts to Next, full price and BYOD customers, as does T-Mobile.

The discount IS available for people who are out of contract or pay the full price upfront.

knotsure

Dec 13, 2014
Visit site

I just got my bill today. And I am being charged $40 now for a line I was paying $15 on edge for. I payed off my ip6 ($18 a month) thinking I would be at $15 a month after paying off the phone. I was upset and immediately called Verizon. I asked them about it and they informed me that you only get the $15 or $25 edge discount while Paying on a phone. If you pay off the phone you lose the discount. After talking to the Verizon rep she informed me she could give me a month to month discount of $25. So I will be paying $15 a month on a line that is not under contract and doesn't have a phone financed on edge.
Give them a call and see what they are willing to do for you.

jessica_lynn9474

Jun 5, 2013
Visit site
That's a great deal!

Well, it's official! I'm writing to you guys from my new iPhone 6+! I'm loving it and can't believe I traded down to a 6 before. Lol!

Quick question. Now that I have this phone which is perfect sized I'm finding that I'm not needing my iPad mini 2. I've had it for 3 months and barely use it. I'd like to try and sell it, however, it's on a 2 year contract with verizon.

I just called Verizon and the EFT is $175.00. Here are my reasons for wanting to cancel:

- I probably will not be using it because of the new iPhone 6+ that I have
- It's $10.00 extra per month for the line

I paid $264.57. My contract end date is 3/17/15 so with the $10.00 monthly line fee I'm paying almost $200.00 more. If I were to cancel the contract it's $175.00.

It now retails at $429.00 on Apple's site and $329.00 on Verizon. It's the iPad Mini2 with Wi-Fi and Cellular data. Pretty much untouched.

Is it worth me cancelling for $175.00 and selling outright?
If so, what do you recommend I price the sale at?

If you think I should sell and have someone take over the line how much should I sell for?

I'm just curious to know what the best route is in order to save and make money.

Or is my best bet keeping it and paying the $10.00 per month?

Any input is so appreciated as I'm horrible with numbers! lol

Last edited:

21stNow

Aug 12, 2013
Visit site
The discount IS available for people who are out of contract or pay the full price upfront.

I can confirm that. I have two iPhone 6 month to month on the more everything 10gb plan. $110/month before employer discount.

I just got my bill today. And I am being charged $40 now for a line I was paying $15 on edge for. I payed off my ip6 ($18 a month) thinking I would be at $15 a month after paying off the phone. I was upset and immediately called Verizon. I asked them about it and they informed me that you only get the $15 or $25 edge discount while Paying on a phone. If you pay off the phone you lose the discount. After talking to the Verizon rep she informed me she could give me a month to month discount of $25. So I will be paying $15 a month on a line that is not under contract and doesn't have a phone financed on edge.
Give them a call and see what they are willing to do for you.

OK, so it seems like the official policy is that VZW won't give the discount unless the phone is financed through Edge, but you may be able to work something out if you call in to customer service. This isn't something that I'm willing to try because I typically receive the worst treatment from VZW when I do have to deal with them.

I have a prepaid phone (I activate it for travel purposes only) and postpaid tablet on VZW; I'm not willing to try VZW for postpaid phone service because I don't trust them at this point.

Edited to add: I see that Verizon Wireless has added "bring your own" to the wording for the discounted per line fee on their web page.

jenni122701

Oct 26, 2014
Visit site
Def give a call like knotsure suggested, it never hurts if you are concerned about a charge. Sometimes they will give you discounts and credits if you think something is unfair. I have 5 lines with Verizon. I have the 10MB plan. Only the newest iPhone 6+ is on the Edge program. It would be darn awesome though if my other lines could also be $15 a month though instead of $40. Well, we have one dumb phone, so that one is $30 a month. When you have a lot of lines anything you can do to lower the bill sure helps.

Sent from my fantastic iPad Air!

knotsure

Dec 13, 2014
Visit site
it always works out in there favor. I do like Verizon service. i work with a friend who has T-mobile and it usually seems when we leave city limits his data is garbage. I had sprint for years before verizon and don't want to go with them again, for now. So I will try to find ways to trim my verizon bill and deal with the extra cost for now. enjoy Big Red everyone.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR