Was bend gate really overblown?

Status
Not open for further replies.

EmceeGeek

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
Of course it was overblown. I still haven't seen a bent 6 Plus and mine hasn't bent at all. It's been in interesting positions.

Closingracer

Sep 24, 2014
Visit site
Ravensword has everything go wrong with his iPhones that have been reported. Bending, flash memory, backlight bleed etc.

There is no way that one person can get several iPhones with various consistent faults. And the faults never happen at the same time.
It's Phone #1 had a certain issue Phone #2 a different issue Phone #3 a different issue. How in the hell do you get several iPhones that produce these individual faults separately.

I don't know if it's OCD or just straight tripping.

Sent from my iPhone 6 Plus using Tapatalk

I returned like 3-5 iPad Air's to bestuy Christmas 2013 because each one had specs of dust under the screen. eventually I took the one with the least offensive specs of dust.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Closingracer

Sep 24, 2014
Visit site
PREACH!

If I could find the jackass that coined 'the customer is always right' I'd throat punch him/her.

90% of the time they use that saying to justify treating the clerk like garbage. I loathe it.

The Customer is always right. When the customer feels entitled is a whole different story though. Just think about it this way, You would rather help the customer and make him happy to the point where he might come back and shop. If you don't you basically guarantee that he/she will never go back there again and that is a lost potential profit. I am terribly fond of Apple as a company basically suing every company left and right for stupid stuff like rounded corners (really?). Google I dislike for their privacy concerns as well. What got me to come back to the Apple ecosystem is the 5.5 inch screen and their willingness to help the customer. I love Android and the samsung galaxy S6 looks like an amazing phone but should i need it to be fixed I would have to deal with Samsung or the Carrier and probably mail it in.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
My 2 cents on this thread. The first penny is directed at the several comments calling Raven names like "the resident phone hypochondriac" . RS has openly admitted in the past he has a disorder similar to OCD that causes him to flip flop opinions and worry incessantly about stuff. It's a disability he's already admitted to so if his disability symptoms are such a bother to you, than try keeping in mind what's causing him to post like that and simply either be understanding or use the forum ignore button if it upsets you that much.

Second cent: does being a forums "ambassador" entail engaging in petty squabbles and arguments with people for the last 3-4 years across several Mobile Nations forums to the point where there's an entire thread about your behavior on a non Mobile Nations smartphone site? If so you're not what I'd define as a mature and reasonable ambassador and might want to explore taking a breather from living on a forum almost 24/7.

I don't often feel the need to speak out this way, but when I see such outrageous behavior being allowed to fester unchecked, having a completely untraceable internet identity affords me the luxury of being immune to power trippers who try to squelch things being called like they really are.

I will address the second penny....;)

Being an ambassador for iMore does entail 'engaging' in conversations throughout the forums. 'Petty squabbles' is a matter of perspective. Deflecting continuous untruths are considered petty squabbling to some people. To the person whom the deflection is aimed, it may seem like bullying. I've stated on numerous occasions that iMore ambassadors and moderators do not sit idly by on the sidelines. We are active participants. In other words, we engage. Having said that, if I felt as if an ambassador was crossing the line, I don't have any problems letting him or her know it. In the future, if you have a complaint against an Ambassador, send me a PM and I'll investigate, but make no mistake about it. If I find that your complaint is baseless, I will plainly and bluntly tell you so.

HankAZ

Banned
Jul 26, 2012
Visit site
I will address the second penny....;)

Being an ambassador for iMore does entail 'engaging' in conversations throughout the forums. 'Petty squabbles' is a matter of perspective. Deflecting continuous untruths are considered petty squabbling to some people. To the person whom the deflection is aimed, it may seem like bullying. I've stated on numerous occasions that iMore ambassadors and moderators do not sit idly by on the sidelines. We are active participants. In other words, we engage. Having said that, if I felt as if an ambassador was crossing the line, I don't have any problems letting him or her know it. In the future, if you have a complaint against an Ambassador, send me a PM and I'll investigate, but make no mistake about it. If I find that your complaint is baseless, I will plainly and bluntly tell you so.

Excellent response, D. I, for one, appreciate the work that both the Mods and Ambassadors do around here. I was a mod on another forum for a while, and I can tell you from experience that it's a thankless job - the epitome of "darned if you do and darned if you don't". I personally like that the mods and ambassadors do engage with the rest of us on the forums. They are people and users, too. Their opinions are as valid and welcomed as those of any other user. They also have to play the role of "heavy" from time to time, and I really have never had an issue with the way governance was done here, including the times when that was governance was directed at me.

The mods do let things go quite a while before blowing their whistle and demanding that everyone get out of the pool. But when it needs to be done, they are not shy about getting it done.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Excellent response, D. I, for one, appreciate the work that both the Mods and Ambassadors do around here. I was a mod on another forum for a while, and I can tell you from experience that it's a thankless job - the epitome of "darned if you do and darned if you don't". I personally like that the mods and ambassadors do engage with the rest of us on the forums. They are people and users, too. Their opinions are as valid and welcomed as those of any other user. They also have to play the role of "heavy" from time to time, and I really have never had an issue with the way governance was done here, including the times when that was governance was directed at me.

The mods do let things go quite a while before blowing their whistle and demanding that everyone get out of the pool. But when it needs to be done, they are not shy about getting it done.

Thanks, Hank. I appreciate that...:)

dchandler

Sep 11, 2009
Visit site

🏾🏾🏾🏾🏾🏾🏾🏾 very good very good

Sent from the great iPhone 6+

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
My 2 cents on this thread. The first penny is directed at the several comments calling Raven names like "the resident phone hypochondriac" . RS has openly admitted in the past he has a disorder similar to OCD that causes him to flip flop opinions and worry incessantly about stuff. It's a disability he's already admitted to so if his disability symptoms are such a bother to you, than try keeping in mind what's causing him to post like that and simply either be understanding or use the forum ignore button if it upsets you that much.

Second cent: does being a forums "ambassador" entail engaging in petty squabbles and arguments with people for the last 3-4 years across several Mobile Nations forums to the point where there's an entire thread about your behavior on a non Mobile Nations smartphone site? If so you're not what I'd define as a mature and reasonable ambassador and might want to explore taking a breather from living on a forum almost 24/7.

I don't often feel the need to speak out this way, but when I see such outrageous behavior being allowed to fester unchecked, having a completely untraceable internet identity affords me the luxury of being immune to power trippers who try to squelch things being called like they really are.

sleeping-gif-13.gif

...how's the weather way up there on that gigantic horse?

SprSynJn

Jun 27, 2013
Visit site
You don't say? Well I'm sorry about that sir. I will certainly try harder next time, sir!

Hey, don't edit your post! I didn't quote it...

Status
Not open for further replies.