Was bend gate really overblown?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ariel Babalao

May 8, 2014
Visit site
Yeah except bending tests were done on phones and the iPhone six plus was closer to the bottom of the list than the top. Your argument would be a lot more valid if it wasn't for the fact that other phones bend much more easily than apples phones
Other phones can bend, no worries about it, no talk or whatsoever bend gate about other band phone, but apple has manage to become the angular stone of the building. Since then, people want iDevjces to not even start to bend, not to say it bends, they do this exactly because it's apple regardless to wether they bend iPhone on purpose or not. The concern to apple remain still, they need to find a way in future to cure all together bend gate. Temp solution they found is to replace the iPhone's of who claim that what he/she owns bend. That doesn't exclude that they are working on a long run solution like changing the body materials etc...
In all cases, wether they bend iPhone only to annoy apple on not will only make apple stronger and stronger, though, those haters will always find something on iPhone to try to disgrace iPhone value and apple ability to do good products. Still, apple will react in their own manner (positively) to whatever those haters will come up with. And that's what will keep apple leading the field.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ariel Babalao

May 8, 2014
Visit site
The old "customer is always right" adage used to be true. Then we entered an age of entitlement and amorality. Now, when the customer stands up, beats their chest and screams "the customer is always right ", you can pretty much bet the farm that there's a scam in the works.

Sent from my mobile device via Tapatalk 3.2.1.

Even so, the guys at the Genius Bar will still change you your iDevice with a smile on their face. That doesn't mean that they are stupid, it's all about marketing. They know that you break the device perhaps by mistake and it's entirely your fault, but you won't tell them the true story but something where the fault comes from the device it self. They will go back into the back room, and come out with a new one free of charge.
Only after the 3rd time you come with an unclear issue on your same device that has been replaced 3x already, they will ask you to cash in.
That old adage was never used to be 100% true, some human always find a way to abuse anytime, in the past, in the present and in the future. But companies believe that those rotten are fewer compare to awesome people who are really clients then really right.

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
The user, or should I say the "client"? Is always right.

As someone who is in retail for a living, this cliche irritates me. The customer is not, indeed, always "right." In most cases customers are entitled little sh*ts. Whenever I get one of these people with this attitude I show them the door. I do business how I do it. If you don't care for it, leave. I don't care what you think I should or shouldn't do.

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
The old "customer is always right" adage used to be true. Then we entered an age of entitlement and amorality. Now, when the customer stands up, beats their chest and screams "the customer is always right ", you can pretty much bet the farm that there's a scam in the works.

Scam or just someone who wants to feel superior about something.

Ariel Babalao

May 8, 2014
Visit site
As someone who is in retail for a living, this cliche irritates me. The customer is not, indeed, always "right." In most cases customers are entitled little sh*ts. Whenever I get one of these people with this attitude I show them the door. I do business how I do it. If you don't care for it, leave. I don't care what you think I should or shouldn't do.

I agree with you. But that doesn't mean the orthodoxy of business, nor marketing which apple purely practice. And aren't we talking about apple here? Customer service after sale? Bend gate is after sale right? Apple is just great in business, marketing and in everything it does the best. You and I are not apple are sure enough, I will turn away to a client of mine who show rudeness to me after purchasing my good, but apple will apologize to you instead and will do hard to serve you better in a manner of "the client is the king" and of course limits also have it's limits, apple knows you scam but bear it for a couple of time before showing you the limit of "the client is the king"

HankAZ

Banned
Jul 26, 2012
Visit site
I agree with you. But that doesn't mean the orthodoxy of business, nor marketing which apple purely practice. And aren't we talking about apple here? Customer service after sale? Bend gate is after sale right? Apple is just great in business, marketing and in everything it does the best. You and I are not apple are sure enough, I will turn away to a client of mine who show rudeness to me after purchasing my good, but apple will apologize to you instead and will do hard to serve you better in a manner of "the client is the king"

You could not be more incorrect.

Apple is in business to make money. They do that by making the customer feel valued. They do it with excellent customer service, but at the same time, they are fair, and will not be played. Most of the time the people manning the Genius Bar have some flexibility to do what is necessary to make the customer happy, regardless of "policy". But at the same time, they are free to tell you to pound sand if you come at them with an attitude of entitlement.

Apple understands that without customers they are out of business. But likewise, they are not pushovers, and you won't "get" just because you "want".

Enough of the "the client is king" BS.

razza1987

Apr 9, 2015
Visit site

Apple is in business to make money. They do that by making the customer feel valued. They do it with excellent customer service, but at the same time, they are fair, and will not be played. Most of the time the people manning the Genius Bar have some flexibility to do what is necessary to make the customer happy, regardless of "policy". But at the same time, they are free to tell you to pound sand if you come at them with an attitude of entitlement.

Apple understands that without customers they are out of business. But likewise, they are not pushovers, and you won't "get" just because you "want".

Apples customer service is the one thing keeping me holding onto my six plus. Well that and the speed and stability and the battery life. The updating system on apple too is second to none. Android 5.1.1 has started being rolled out and my phone company here in Australia couldn't even tell me when they would be getting it. I NEVER have to worry about that with apple. EVER. when my boyfriend in America gets the update so do I in Australia. But gosh androids customisation and freedom is so attractive. When I use my iPhone for long periods of time I end up getting bored. I'm so exciting with the changes apple are implementing with ios9. They are bringing over some of the things I love so much about Android. I still can't choose between my two phones lol

Posted via the iMore App for Android

qbnkelt

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site
And yet you have drama queens complaining about who knows what inanity.

Apple service is world class. Period.

Sent from my SEXY GORGEOUS AWESOME GOLD 128G iPhone 6

Not Quite Right

Trusted Member
May 11, 2013
Visit site

Hank you hit the nail so hard on the head, it makes me sorry I only have one like to give !!! :yes: :D

twinlight

May 25, 2015
Visit site
I got myself a new phone 1 week ago. It has a tiny bend when I lay it front down on the table. I guess its nothing to worry about but its annoying since I dont even own tight pants and have never been sitting down with it in my pocket. ��

I put my iPad Air 2 face down and it also has a tiny bend, although even smaller than the phone. But that I'm not surprised by since I've slept on it many times. ��

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
I'm pretty darn careful with my phones and mine easily bent right in the area of the volume rockets. The weak point of the phone. I wouldn't say it's overblown.

Sent from my iPad Air 2 using Tapatalk

kobe008

Feb 26, 2015
Visit site
I got myself a new phone 1 week ago. It has a tiny bend when I lay it front down on the table. I guess its nothing to worry about but its annoying since I dont even own tight pants and have never been sitting down with it in my pocket. ��

I put my iPad Air 2 face down and it also has a tiny bend, although even smaller than the phone. But that I'm not surprised by since I've slept on it many times. ��

Its all your imagination

reeneebob

Jun 10, 2011
Visit site

PREACH!

If I could find the jackass that coined 'the customer is always right' I'd throat punch him/her.

90% of the time they use that saying to justify treating the clerk like garbage. I loathe it.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
YOU have a cat? No respect for you, Sean.

A bit of useless history...I've always been a dog person, I've had several dogs that left lasting impressions on my life. When me and my wife got married, we both worked a lot but had different schedules, and since we were both young and somewhat immature in terms of caring for something like a child (or dog in this case), we decided to go get an animal that was more than a fish, but less than a dog...a cat was the logical choice.

We got this cat about 2 months before was married (which was about 16 years ago now), and from the start, it was a special relationship. She doesn't meow like a normal cat, she kind of grunts (always has, it's really quite hilarious), and while most cats are completely anti-social critters, this cat is like a leech in terms of loving affection...there are times where we will push her away while working or reading or whatever 20 times and she just comes back with the same cute little cat face to simply snuggle.

When I was injured in the line of duty and my knee had to have surgery, I was down for WEEKS without having mobility for a lot of that time...this cat never left my side. She slept in there with me, she never whined about her food getting low or water dish getting dry during the day when I couldn't make it to it before my wife got home. She just laid there with me, looking at me with her little cat face and just remained content to just exist amongst my broken body. She also grew a VERY clear and obvious liking for the science channel...so much so that when I'd turn it on, she'd perk up and watch it with me. It was pretty amazing!

As the years have gone by, she has become less playful, but NEVER less affectionate. She still wants nothing more than to snuggle up to us at our feet while we watch TV, and when one or both of us are sad, she is right there, licking our hands while we pet her or just put our hand around her.

If there was ever a cat in the world that behaved like a dog...this is that cat. She's about 16 years old now, and she has old lady problems like any old pet does (arthritis, moody sometimes, etc), but you know what? I wouldn't trade this cat for any animal in the world.

So...with all due respect...your scoffing at my cat shall be met with a proper response:

1pL4ULX.gif

qbnkelt

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site
OK Sean I always thought you were a general pain in the proverbial a*$.
Now I like you.

Sent from my SEXY GORGEOUS AWESOME GOLD 128G iPhone 6

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods