Was bend gate really overblown?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Not Quite Right

Trusted Member
May 11, 2013
Visit site
Wow. I didn't realize I'd been taken to school. Was it the sand analogy?

You didn't get it the first time, what makes you think you'll understand 15 minutes later?
I'm now left wondering if it was I that failed as a teacher, or was it you that failed as a student?
Algebra is based in logic. When you learn algebra you are really learning how to solve logical problems.
Here maybe this will help you understand better ...
Algebra - For Dummies

grover5

Oct 28, 2013
Visit site
You didn't get it the first time, what makes you think you'll understand 15 minutes later?
I'm now left wondering if it was I that failed as a teacher, or was it you that failed as a student?
Algebra is based in logic. When you learn algebra you are really learning how to solve logical problems.
Here maybe this will help you understand better ...
Algebra - For Dummies

While your intellect is clearly dizzying, I'm not sure if I'd jump into teaching anytime soon. And I still disagree with you. Let's leave it there. Or are things still not quite right?

Posted via the iMore App for Android

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
While your intellect is clearly dizzying, I'm not sure if I'd jump into teaching anytime soon. And I still disagree with you. Let's leave it there. Or are things still not quite right?

Thanks for the knee slapper, Don Rickles.

nikkisharif

Ambassador
Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
Never had an issue with my launch day 6+. I take care of my devices but I can't say I baby them. I've placed my phone in my back pocket several times, forgot it was there & sat in it. No bends whatsoever. I'm not saying these phones can't be bend, I just don't understand what the heck people are doing to them to bend them.

krazyatom

Trusted Member
Jun 19, 2015
Visit site
I recently got a iphone 6 plus and I need to be extra cautious. Sometimes, it's stress :(. Do this phone really bends that easily?
I wonder if this is same with regular iphone 6

sprocket2107

Mar 4, 2011
Visit site
If you're pressing down on the top left or bottom right of the phone the cause of the rocking is the camera. The camera protrudes. If you lay your phone on a flat surface with the top edge hanging over a bit just so the camera isn't touching the surface then I'd guess that you wouldn't have any rocking. Give it a shot and let's hear your outcome

Edit: sorry didn't see you say that you put it face down.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
I would say YES it was overblown, but it also made Apple rethink the materials they were using to produce the iPhone 6/6Plus, as it is "rumored" that Apple will be using a stronger aluminium in the production of the upcoming iPhone 6s/6sPlus.

HankAZ

Banned
Jul 26, 2012
Visit site
I would say YES it was overblown, but it also made Apple rethink the materials they were using to produce the iPhone 6/6Plus, as it is "rumored" that Apple will be using a stronger aluminium in the production of the upcoming iPhone 6s/6sPlus.

Apple is always rethinking stuff - design, materials, processes.

razza1987

Apr 9, 2015
Visit site
I remember when I was going to get my six plus the whole bendgate thing nearly turned me off getting it. I'm so glad I decided to get it anyway because it and my S6 are the best phones that I have ever had.

Every time I am constantly holding my phone I feel the sturdiness of it and wonder how the heck people manage to bend it. Even applied pressure at one stage but all I could feel was it was so firm and solid.

I'm now realising just how pathetic people are when it comes to Apple. Like with the whole hoo haa recently over Apple music. Just because it's apple people have this huge issue with it yet these same people don't go out and protest and talk about Spotify and others streaming services. It's ridiculous actually. People can't just talk about the good points of their device without trashing the others. There's a reason I have both an iOS and an Android device

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I remember when I was going to get my six plus the whole bendgate thing nearly turned me off getting it. I'm so glad I decided to get it anyway because it and my S6 are the best phones that I have ever had.

Every time I am constantly holding my phone I feel the sturdiness of it and wonder how the heck people manage to bend it. Even applied pressure at one stage but all I could feel was it was so firm and solid.

I'm now realising just how pathetic people are when it comes to Apple. Like with the whole hoo haa recently over Apple music. Just because it's apple people have this huge issue with it yet these same people don't go out and protest and talk about Spotify and others streaming services. It's ridiculous actually. People can't just talk about the good points of their device without trashing the others. There's a reason I have both an iOS and an Android device

Well-stated....;)

Ariel Babalao

May 8, 2014
Visit site
All those criticisms can only help apple to become better with their products. Spotify never get critics, it never gets any better. Tapatalk get critics, it gets better.
I personally critic what matter to me in order for it to get corrected and better. Why will I critic Nokia phones display or message app when I actually don't give a cent about it?
So that, i love to see critics related to apple products, it simply shows how much people care about apple and their products, willingly or not.

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
All those criticisms can only help apple to become better with their products. Spotify never get critics, it never gets any better. Tapatalk get critics, it gets better.
I personally critic what matter to me in order for it to get corrected and better. Why will I critic Nokia phones display or message app when I actually don't give a cent about it?
So that, i love to see critics related to apple products, it simply shows how much people care about apple and their products, willingly or not.

It's one thing to be a critic, but it's another thing to blame a company for a personal mistake or misconduct and then try to claim that mistake/misconduct as a device flaw.

Ariel Babalao

May 8, 2014
Visit site
It's one thing to be a critic, but it's another thing to blame a company for a personal mistake or misconduct and then try to claim that mistake/misconduct as a device flaw.

The user, or should I say the "client"? Is always right. And those critics will help apple to end up coming out with an unbendable device if that really matter to apple. And apple does matter, they responded to bend gate back to when it started.
I know, some will shot their iPhone and blame apple of not making phones proof to bullets. But that's how apple will gather ideas and move on I think.
If we see widgets in iOS today and multitasking getting better, or water sensors within the device etc... it all boils down at a point to critics and misconducts along side with innovation.

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
The user, or should I say the "client"? Is always right. And those critics will help apple to end up coming out with an unbendable device if that really matter to apple. And apple does matter, they responded to bend gate back to when it started.
I know, some will shot their iPhone and blame apple of not making phones proof to bullets. But that's how apple will gather ideas and move on I think.
If we see widgets in iOS today and multitasking getting better, or water sensors within the device etc... it all boils down at a point to critics and misconducts along side with innovation.

Bendgate, in its purest form, is about not taking responsibility for damaging a purchased iPhone 6 Plus, and using the power of the media to get a replacement iPhone 6 Plus free of charge.

razza1987

Apr 9, 2015
Visit site

Yeah except bending tests were done on phones and the iPhone six plus was closer to the bottom of the list than the top. Your argument would be a lot more valid if it wasn't for the fact that other phones bend much more easily than apples phones but people only complain about it because there are so many out there wanting to give unwarranted hate to apple devices. Apple are making their devices stronger to not only make their devices better but also to shut people up about ridiculous non issues

HankAZ

Banned
Jul 26, 2012
Visit site
The user, or should I say the "client"? Is always right.

The old "customer is always right" adage used to be true. Then we entered an age of entitlement and amorality. Now, when the customer stands up, beats their chest and screams "the customer is always right ", you can pretty much bet the farm that there's a scam in the works.

Sent from my mobile device via Tapatalk 3.2.1.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
INTERNET BUNDLE NOW