Was bend gate really overblown?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Flow39

Jun 26, 2014
Visit site
It was massively overblown. In my job, I do a lot of lifting and bending, and my 6 in its Apple Leather case is still 100% flat. No bend whatsoever. The problem comes when you sit on it or exert much more pressure than these phones are meant to handle.

grover5

Oct 28, 2013
Visit site
There's no way to know if it was overblown without exact numbers of bent vs total sold. This thread just pits the fanboys vs the skeptics.

Posted via the iMore App for Android

qbnkelt

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site
There's no way to know if it was overblown without exact numbers of bent vs total sold. This thread just pits the fanboys vs the skeptics.

Fans of Apple products on an Apple site?!!? Mon Dieu!!!!!

Here's a thing......I've got an iPhone 6. It's not bent. I've got a Quasimodo. It had the screen flickering and a massively awful camera. If I say my iPhone 6 is perfect and my Quasimodo has a seriously bad camera and I had to load a leak to fix the screen flickering like a dying 1950s TV set, is that fact or is that fanboism?

Oh forgot to mention, I routinely roll over my iPhone and wake up laying on it. It's not bent. It that fanboism? Or is it fact?

You want to know what is fanboism? People's weight being called into question when someone mentions a bent Quasimodo. People being accused of putting a Quasimodo in a vise when they mention a bent Quasimodo. People being called liars when they mention a Quasimodo screen lifting.

THAT is fanboism. Me mentioning my iPhone isn't bent is fact. Of the millions upon millions of iPhones sold, the fact that we've got a handful of trolls posting about it on antiApple websites and then coming into Apple sites amplifying an event of their own creation is trolling.

Sent from my SEXY GORGEOUS AWESOME GOLD 128G iPhone 6

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
I bent my iPhone 6 and my plus plus.

BEND GATE IS NOT BS.
No one is saying bending hasn't happened... What's being said is its been an overblown story. In the universe of phones sold, the number that have bent is very small. Sorry yours is one of them...

grover5

Oct 28, 2013
Visit site
Fans of Apple products on an Apple site?!!? Mon Dieu!!!!!

Here's a thing......I've got an iPhone 6. It's not bent. I've got a Quasimodo. It had the screen flickering and a massively awful camera. If I say my iPhone 6 is perfect and my Quasimodo has a seriously bad camera and I had to load a leak to fix the screen flickering like a dying 1950s TV set, is that fact or is that fanboism?

Oh forgot to mention, I routinely roll over my iPhone and wake up laying on it. It's not bent. It that fanboism? Or is it fact?

You want to know what is fanboism? People's weight being called into question when someone mentions a bent Quasimodo. People being accused of putting a Quasimodo in a vise when they mention a bent Quasimodo. People being called liars when they mention a Quasimodo screen lifting.

THAT is fanboism. Me mentioning my iPhone isn't bent is fact. Of the millions upon millions of iPhones sold, the fact that we've got a handful of trolls posting about it on antiApple websites and then coming into Apple sites amplifying an event of their own creation is trolling.

That doesn't change anything I said but it does reinforce it. The only way any of us could know is to see the actual numbers.

qbnkelt

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site
That doesn't change anything I said but it does reinforce it. The only way any of us could know is to see the actual numbers.

Ah. I see how it would be reinforcing to an iPhone hater.

By the way, have you seen any numbers of how many BlackBerry 99xx devices bricked?

turbodave38

Nov 30, 2014
Visit site
Don't know about the bending issue since I'm a brand spanking new 6+/apple user. But.... With that said, when I bought my 6 a couple days ago, I decided then that I would need some kind of case for it's protection. I hated the OtterBox cases for their sheer bulkyness!!
I had a Verizon case/belt clip on my Droid phone, you know, the one that is black, has a kick stand and has a diamond texture on the back side and is relatively thin.
Verizon stores sell the same model for the Iphones (I don't know if it has a name, Verizon just calls it a shell/holster combo) and is even better designed for the 6+. It's quite rigid, and thin so adds very little bulk to the phone. Slides into it's belt clip holder quite nicely!! I love it and it will keep the phone well protected.
I also had a glass front added yesterday to protect the screen.

Almost identical to this one:
http://www.amazon.com/i-Blason®-Tra...ag=hawk-future-20&ascsubtag=UUimUvbUpU2539364

Last edited:

grover5

Oct 28, 2013
Visit site

Lol. Seriously? Yes of course. Saying the only way to really know is to see the numbers clearly comes from a place of hate.

grover5

Oct 28, 2013
Visit site

By the way, have you seen any numbers of how many BlackBerry 99xx devices bricked?

I have no idea. I don't use BB. How is that pertinent? Why do you always talk about BB?

grover5

Oct 28, 2013
Visit site
Don't know about the bending issue since I'm a brand spanking new 6+/apple user. But.... With that said, when I bought my 6 a couple days ago, I decided then that I would need some kind of case for it's protection. I hated the OtterBox cases for their sheer bulkyness!!
I had a Verizon case/belt clip on my Droid phone, you know, the one that is black, has a kick stand and has a diamond texture on the back side and is relatively thin.
Verizon stores sell the same model for the Iphones (I don't know if it has a name, Verizon just calls it a shell/holster combo) and is even better designed for the 6+. It's quite rigid, and thin so adds very little bulk to the phone. Slides into it's belt clip holder quite nicely!! I love it and it will keep the phone well protected.
I also had a glass front added yesterday to protect the screen.

Sounds like a good set up. Hopefully it protects your new iPhone well.

qbnkelt

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site
I have no idea. I don't use BB. How is that pertinent? Why do you always talk about BB?

Because I experienced three bricking BlackBerry devices and I got absolutely no explanation from BlackBerry about it, just had to go back to get a new device....one after the other, which would brick.

So......glass houses and all.....my mistake....you must have sold your Q5 on TMobile.

grover5

Oct 28, 2013
Visit site
Because I experienced three bricking BlackBerry devices and I got absolutely no explanation from BlackBerry about it, just had to go back to get a new device....one after the other, which would brick.

So......glass houses and all.....

Once again as a person who doesn't use BB I'm not sure why this matters. I suppose if a BB rep or user came on here and said the iPhones all bend all the time it might be a good response to them. But as a non BB user saying the only way to know is to see the numbers it doesn't make sense at all really.

grover5

Oct 28, 2013
Visit site

So......glass houses and all.....my mistake....you must have sold your Q5 on TMobile.

I had a Q5 and a Z10 and a lumia (I forget which one now) and an iPad mini and an iPad air and a Nexus 5 and a Nexus 6. I like gadgets. This list is for the last couple years only. I really want to try a sailfish phone but I want the next gen one to come out first.

qbnkelt

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site
Once again as a person who doesn't use BB I'm not sure why this matters. I suppose if a BB rep or user came on here and said the iPhones all bend all the time it might be a good response to them. But as a non BB user saying the only way to know is to see the numbers it doesn't make sense at all really.

It matters because it is disingenuous and an apologist stand to harp on not getting numbers from Apple when other companies get a pass when they themselves don't provide information. So it is illogical and disingenuous to complain about Apple not providing numbers when BlackBerry did not provide numbers. And I'm mentioning BlackBerry to you because as of earlier this year you were using a Z10 and a Q5, as I remember.

qbnkelt

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site
I had a Q5 and a Z10 and a lumia (I forget which one now) and an iPad mini and an iPad air and a Nexus 5 and a Nexus 6. I like gadgets. This list is for the last couple years only. I really want to try a sailfish phone but I want the next gen one to come out first.

Well I am not going to get into my list of devices. I currently use four of the major platforms and also used Palm in the past. So that's five.

Not Quite Right

Trusted Member
May 11, 2013
Visit site
The only way any of us could know is to see the actual numbers.
I don't need to know the actual number of grains of sand to know if I'm at the beach or not ...
Likewise I don't need any numbers to realize that a few idiots sitting on their all aluminum bodied iPhones and bending them, gave the media a perfect scenario to latch onto and milk it for what it was worth. Which they did, and now it's over.

grover5

Oct 28, 2013
Visit site
It matters because it is disingenuous and an apologist stand to harp on not getting numbers from Apple when other companies get a pass when they themselves don't provide information. So it is illogical and disingenuous to complain about Apple not providing numbers when BlackBerry did not provide numbers. And I'm mentioning BlackBerry to you because as of earlier this year you were using a Z10 and a Q5, as I remember.

I never once complained about getting numbers. I simply said the only way to know is to get numbers. I have no position on whether or not they should be provided. I was also using a Nexus 5 and iPad mini at the same time as well as a Z10 and Q5. But that has little to do with my seeking data before drawing a conclusion.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
forwardsmychoice