Leaving Android, joining the iOS crowd

zerog46

Oct 3, 2010
Visit site
Been there and used both. What apps are giving you issues? Have you tried deleting them or it and reinstalling them?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

rayzaname

Jul 24, 2015
Visit site
How long had you been on Android? I flip flop back and forth all the time and can't seem to make up my mind.

I've been using Android exclusively for 5 years, but got fed up with various issues that always seem to come up with every Android device I own. They either have a terrible camera, short battery life, poor RAM usage, or slow software updates. iOS isn't perfect, but its performance and reliability has left me very satisfied.

Wildo6882

Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
I've been using Android exclusively for 5 years, but got fed up with various issues that always seem to come up with every Android device I own. They either have a terrible camera, short battery life, poor RAM usage, or slow software updates. iOS isn't perfect, but its performance and reliability has left me very satisfied.
That's exactly my experience. I've been (mostly) on Android since the OG Droid X back in 2010. But everything has something missing. And it seems like everything over promises and under delivers in the Android world. "We aren't giving you everything you want so you'll buy our updated phone next year, but here's a really fast processor. Sorry the phone still lags, but you can put a calendar widget right on your home screen!"

I know iOS doesn't have everything I want. But it has enough and is so smooth that I'll make due.

Bigeric23

Aug 17, 2010
Visit site
That's exactly my experience. I've been (mostly) on Android since the OG Droid X back in 2010. But everything has something missing. And it seems like everything over promises and under delivers in the Android world. "We aren't giving you everything you want so you'll buy our updated phone next year, but here's a really fast processor. Sorry the phone still lags, but you can put a calendar widget right on your home screen!"

I know iOS doesn't have everything I want. But it has enough and is so smooth that I'll make due.

I know what you mean. I had a LG G3, and on paper the phone looked so good. However, the user experience not very good . . . and extremely frustrating.

JHC47

Jul 24, 2015
Visit site
Been there and used both. What apps are giving you issues? Have you tried deleting them or it and reinstalling them?

Generally the apps that force close on me are RSS Radio (podcast app), Messages (the keyboard won't appear on screen when I want to type a message), or Solitaire. Those seem like pretty basic apps to have issues, don't they?

zerog46

Oct 3, 2010
Visit site
Generally the apps that force close on me are RSS Radio (podcast app), Messages (the keyboard won't appear on screen when I want to type a message), or Solitaire. Those seem like pretty basic apps to have issues, don't they?

Yes. Have you tried wiping the device via iTunes and the. Re-installing the OS? This is generally the cleanest way to install a new is and will fix 99% of the issues.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wildo6882

Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
I know what you mean. I had a LG G3, and on paper the phone looked so good. However, the user experience not very good . . . and extremely frustrating.

My Nexus 6 has been pretty good in the lag department. But battery life is hit or miss. The camera can take great pics, but it takes FOREVER to load. I had an S6 (2 of them actually). Both had TERRIBLE battery life, as in I'd be lucky to make it to 6 pm. Both also had issues where if the phone went into deep sleep, I wouldn't get push notifications. I'm sorry, but those two issues make the phone useless to me. I had a G3, which was pretty decent, but I hated the UI and the fact that you're months behind in updates.

I will still like Android, and may go back at some point in time, but they really need to work on user experience, and not worry about the top specs when the phone doesn't work properly.

mchi5

Jan 15, 2015
Visit site
May make the switch as well soon. I had the iPhone 5, but went to Android for the Note 3 and 4, but I really miss being in the ios ecosystem since my wife and all my family are on ios. It just makes more sense. Feel almost like an outsider being on Android.

There are pros and cons for both Android and ios, but facetime and imessage are big pros that may finally lead me back to ios.

Sucks I'm on the AT&T next program so still have alot to pay off on the note 4 if I wanna switch. 😢

Posted via the iMore App for Android

Closingracer

Sep 24, 2014
Visit site
That's the exact reason I'm with Apple now. I've been such a fan of Android for years. Always dabbling in iOS but always coming back to Android. But I've started to realize that so much of Android is hype. Every new phone coming out is going to have this or it's going to have that. And then something doesn't work right. My 6 Plus with 1gb of RAM runs circles around my S6 with 3gb. It's just an all around solid and reliable phone.

Idk if it runs circles because the tab reloading issue with only 1GB of RAM is an issue imo but nothing to would make me change back

Closingracer

Sep 24, 2014
Visit site
My Nexus 6 has been pretty good in the lag department. But battery life is hit or miss. The camera can take great pics, but it takes FOREVER to load. I had an S6 (2 of them actually). Both had TERRIBLE battery life, as in I'd be lucky to make it to 6 pm. Both also had issues where if the phone went into deep sleep, I wouldn't get push notifications. I'm sorry, but those two issues make the phone useless to me. I had a G3, which was pretty decent, but I hated the UI and the fact that you're months behind in updates.

I will still like Android, and may go back at some point in time, but they really need to work on user experience, and not worry about the top specs when the phone doesn't work properly.

The nexus 6 camera for me with my limited experience was pretty mediocre imo. Battery life was horrible for the one day I had it. Wouldn't last a while day unless I put on airplane mode

Wildo6882

Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
Idk if it runs circles because the tab reloading issue with only 1GB of RAM is an issue imo but nothing to would make me change back

That may make things reload, but they don't lag. I'd hit a notification on my S6 and it would take over 5 seconds some times to open the app. That's bad with a phone with that much horsepower.

Closingracer

Sep 24, 2014
Visit site
That may make things reload, but they don't lag. I'd hit a notification on my S6 and it would take over 5 seconds some times to open the app. That's bad with a phone with that much horsepower.

I had a Note 4 and never had that issue.

Elim

Aug 12, 2015
Visit site
May make the switch as well soon.
I made the switch begin this year and never had an iPhone before. I was so used to Android that I miss first the toolbox expierence. On ios everything is simple and mostly nothing can be change. But like others said before: it makes more sense. But it takes some time before I got used to it.

Closingracer

Sep 24, 2014
Visit site
I have an iPhone 6, Note 3, and Lumia 640. Just need a new BB to play with. I never make "The switch", I just realized one day that I can simply enjoy everything.

OP, welcome to the iMore fray!!

How is the Lumia 640? Sprint has a Cheap Lumia I might pick up to mess around with. I think its like $200 off contract. I have always been curious about Windows mobile. Will it get Windows 10?
Sent from my iPhone 6 using Tapatalk

mchi5

Jan 15, 2015
Visit site
I switched from my Note 4 to the 6 plus about two weeks ago and have never looked back. Everything is just smoother and without the lag I experienced on the Note 4

One thing I noticed which makes no sense to me, is Google Maps is smoother and works better on an iPhone than an android phone, which, if you take a few minutes to think about it is quite sad (Google owns android...)

turbodave38

Nov 30, 2014
Visit site
I switched from my Note 4 to the 6 plus about two weeks ago and have never looked back. Everything is just smoother and without the lag I experienced on the Note 4

One thing I noticed which makes no sense to me, is Google Maps is smoother and works better on an iPhone than an android phone, which, if you take a few minutes to think about it is quite sad (Google owns android...)

I also found that to be true. Google maps works better on my 6+ than it did on my Droid RAZZR Max.

Sent from my iPhone 6+ using Tapatalk.

Closingracer

Sep 24, 2014
Visit site

I found Google maps better on Android imo. Still better then Apple maps though Apple maps on ios 9 is ok

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Modernormal